Thursday, June 20, 2019

Beep Beep

O. T. #1467  "Beep Beep"
June 20, 2019
Proverbs 16-Part 2

LET IT GLOW

All right, those of you who are leaning toward the senior side of life will know this.
What did I see yesterday running across a quiet, dirt road, way back off the beaten path (pavement), surrounded by trees? It had long legs and a big tail, as well as a long beak. Cartoons used to have this bird go "Beep beep." Need another hint? A coyote was always on his trail, trying to outwit him with crazy tactics in order to bring him  down, to no success, of course. Got it? The answer is a ROADRUNNER. Yep, they are real and still exist. I had not seen one since my childhood when one came in our yard. (Now I have not heard it's sound that a roadrunner makes, but I tend to doubt it is as the cartoon portrayed.)

All that was said to relate to our verse below. God made that bird for Himself to enjoy, and I got an overflow of blessing. How creative Jesus is! And what a sense of humor, too. Think of the flamingo standing on one skinny leg and sleeping in that position. :)

The LORD hath made all things for Himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
(Prov. 16:4 KJV)
NLT says it this way, The LORD has made everything for His own purposes, even the wicked for a day of disaster.

What have you encountered lately in creation that is amazing? We believers is Jesus do not have a hard time in saying He created all things, but unbelievers-they try to reason it out. Won't admit He done it, folks. but we know what is true, the bible tells us it is so. Amen??!!

LET IT GROW

We don't like to think of the rest of that verse-the wicked will have their day of disaster. Like that yucky cough syrup we had to take as a child when sick, it is hard to swallow. Just remember, Jehovah made all things for Himself. He will receive glory through it.

God is moving this universe according to His plan and purpose. Isn't it time we got in step with our God? I always pictured in my mind that Jesus is walking beside me, when in reality, He is walking in front of me. As I obey Him, I am to be walking behind Jesus. Are we in step with Him?

LET IT GO

Show me something You created, something I have not noticed before.
Thank You that I have eyes to see it and all You have made.
Keep me following You throughout this day.
Make me alert to those "Beep beeps," too.

No comments:

Post a Comment