July 1, 2016
1 Kings 14-Part 2
He ramsacked the treasuries of the LORD's Temple and the royal palace; he stole everything...
1 Kings 14:26
LET IT GLOW
It happened as Prophet Ahijah had said to the queen of Israel. Her son died when she returned home, the dynasty of Jeroboam was later removed from his family due to his idolatry.
What's happening in the land of Judah?
- Rehoboam, king of Judah and son of Solomon, was 41 when he began his 17 year reign as king.
- Not only did the Israelites worship pagan gods and establish their shrines of worship, but the tribe of Judah did also.
- They even set up sacred pillars and Asherah poles on every high hill and under every green tree.
- There were prostitutes, both male and female, throughout the land.
- These people imitated the detestable practices of the pagan nations the LORD had driven from the land ahead of the Israelites.
1 Chronicles 12:14
Judah did evil by building high places, images, and groves. (Falwell)
Folks, if Christians give up the fight, America will be like Israel and Judah in this time. Keep fighting the good fight, holding up the Biblical standards by which we live.
LET IT GROW
During Rehoboam's fifth year of reign the king of Egypt invaded the Lord's Temple and the royal palace, taking everything, including Solomon's gold shields. The glory of Solomon's state was short-lived, just 5 years after his death. So quickly did the glory money, and power disappear.
Judah outdid her ancestors in evil, provoking the Lord to jealous anger. (verse 22)
There was constant war between Jeroboam and Rehoboam.
How sad. We know what is down the road for both Israel and Judah, captivity by foreigners. Is our country close to the same thing?
On the other hand, Jesus is still on His throne, still LORD of lords and King of kings, Savior and Messiah.
LET IT GO
Praise the Lord Jesus above all others.