Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Birthdays

June 10, 2014

Friends,                                                                                                                                                       I hope you will pardon me for not posting our Bible study today. It is my birthday. I climbed to the big 6-0.
 Also, I am working at the election polls today. We have a primary runoff in our state, and I will be spending 12 &1/2 hours in our local precinct so people can vote again.

There are so many things for which I am grateful. I have been living my extended life some 12 years. One tends to look back at those yesteryears the older they get. How fast they have flown by. However, I am looking forward to another 10-20 more. I want to serve my Lord Jesus with what time I have left.

Please pray for me as I get ready for our mission trip to the Dominican Republic. We fly out Friday and return a week later. We got word that there could be as many as 500-1,000 children at the vbs, which I will be teaching them stories about Jesus; a Sunday School class, also. This year, in the afternoon, we are making glasses so the people can read the Bible. In the evenings we will have evangelistic services and show the "Jesus" film.  So remember us, morning, afternoon, and evening in your prayers as we share the gospel. Pray that the Holy Spirit will convict the lost and draw them to Him for salvation.

Oh, we had a great weekend with my husband's siblings and some of their kids. We hiked, toured a cave, reminisced, and enjoyed each other's company. Had a wonderful time. The Lord blessed us.

I leave you with this thought: In Joshua 24:15b, Joshua said, As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Will you serve the Lord, wherever He sends, whatever He says to do?

Until next time, have a wonderful day, and God bless you.
Linda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment