Revelation 16-Part 18
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, God your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. Revelation 16:1 KJV
LET IT GLOW
I remember as a young child, Mom in the kitchen singing, preparing a meal. She would use a yellow glass bowl in which to mix up the homemade biscuits for breakfast. Sometimes I would help her cut them out, using the old, red biscuit cutter, on the pull-out board. If there was any raw dough left over, not big enough for a biscuit mind you, then I would get to eat it. That was over fifty years ago, but it is clearly stamped on my mind. I do miss her scrumptious hot biscuits with homemade blackberry jelly. Yum. (And of course I miss her, too.)
Now I use the same yellow bowl to mix up biscuits, cakes, or cookies with my granddaughter. She loves licking the beaters or the spoon when all is done. Needless to say, that old, faded, yellow bowl is very precious to me. Only I wash and handle it. (Not taking a chance on breakage) I was reminded of it when I read about seven bowls in chapter 16. However, these bowls are not full of pleasant things to eat.
These seven angels pour out of their seven bowls the wrath of God upon the evil ones and the unbelieving world. Here is a summary of the devastation of the plagues, according to Charles Swindoll and John MacArthur:
- Malignant sores (painful, incurable cancer);only effected were those with the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image;
- Poisoned seas by blood flowing and killing marine life;
- Poisoned fresh water turned into blood, nothing safe to drink;
- Humanity scorched by the searing rays from the sun; solar flares penetrating our atmosphere, causing all sorts of climate changes with catastrophic results;
- Widespread darkness/misery results from the bowl being poured out on the Antichrist's throne;
- Vast military invasion sets the stage for the infamous battle of Armageddon at the Euphrates River;
- Most destructive earthquake/hail; islands and mountains are leveled by the earthquake; chunks of ice bring devastation and death; the Day of the Lord.
I found it difficult to read this chapter, didn't you? What good can I emphasize? God is in control, has it all planned out, is paying back the evil ones for what they did to God's children, putting an end to evil once and for all. That is the comfort I find. Jesus and His army of saints and angels win!!!!
LET IT GROW
After all seven bowls have been emptied, and God's wrath poured out, the evil ones destroyed, a voice proclaims, "It is done." Just like Jesus did before He died on the cross, He said, "It is finished."
The Great Tribulation is over.
All I can say is let's share the good news of a Savior, Jesus Christ, so people will be ready for eternity. Hang in there with me because supper is coming.
LET IT GO
Keep my faith in Jesus growing stronger by the day.
Share the plan of salvation with others.
Put everything into the right perspective, it's all going to burn up.
Stay on the winning side.