February 13, 2013
Revelation 13-Part 15
This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the parts of the saints.
Revelation 13:10b NIV
LET IT GLOW
Last Sunday in children's church, two boys were aggravating a girl by imitating her. They kept repeating what she said, which didn't set well with her. Finally, I had to put a stop to it. You know what, that's the way it is with Satan. He is an imitator of God-to such things eventually God will put a stop.
Friends, I keep reading this chapter and nothing changes. I keep hoping it will, but it doesn't, anyway in this chapter. but don't let it depress you. God is in charge and has a plan and He's working that plan.
After reading several commentators, here are my conclusions:
Skip down to verses 8-10. If a person's name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life, then they are a child of God. They believe that Jesus died to purchase their salvation, they were chosen by God before the foundation of the world, has their redemption sealed forever, and is fulfilling an eternal plan.
Therefore, they are called to suffer and die for Christ. Verse 10b, NIV, says, This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.
Also, they don't take the mark of the beast, even if it means no food, medicines, buying or selling for them and their family (verse 16). Verse 18 says, This calls for wisdom. To me, this would be the hardest thing to endure-seeing loved ones suffer. Faith is Jesus will be tested to the max, just as the children of Israel had to trust Jesus while walking 40 years in the wilderness.
If God could and did provide food, water, and clothes and shoes for the Israelites then, can He do it now, or in the future? All things we have are actually a gift from God anyway, right?
We must continue to contend with the various means of spiritual deception aggressively at work in our present age. Each of us must, therefore, equip ourselves for spiritual battle with reliable knowledge, keen discernment, and God-given wisdom. Are you equipped with those three essentials to face the challenges of your relentless and ruthless attacks? Our first responsibility is to be alert and engaged in resisting our Adversary today. (Swindoll)
LET IT GROW
As I said earlier, Satan is an imitator of God. He wants so badly to be worshiped, that he will go to any extreme to get it. He imitates the Holy Trinity-God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, with his unholy three-Satan, the Antichrist (beast of the earth), and the False Prophet.
In chapter 13, John describes a world empire that opposes God and His people, which has occurred through history. The Antichrist will be directly empowered by Satan himself, acting as the ultimate dictator and leading the mother of all evil empires. This worldly copycat "christ" will strive to match all man-centered ideals of personality, politics, and power.
Keep in mind, this is happening during the last 42 months of the Tribulation.
Just so we will be informed, here's what's going to take place.
The Antichrist or first beast:
- will blaspheme God, slander His name, dwelling place, and those who live in heaven. (verse 6)
- have a fatal wound that will be healed.
- will be given power to make war against the saints and conquer them. (verse 7)
- will be given authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation. (verse 7b)
- All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast-those whose names aren't written in the Book of Life. (verse 8)
- will make everyone worship the first beast. (verse 12)
- performs great and miraculous signs, even fire from heaven. (verse 13)
- will be given power to deceive the inhabitants of the earth. (verse 14a)
- sets up an image, idol, in honor of the Antichrist, first beast, gives it power to speak.
- kills all people who refuse to worship the idol. (verse 15b)
- requires the mark of the beast, 666, to be on people's right hand or forehead. (verse 17) Satan marks his people.
Am I willing to pay whatever the price to be faithful to my Savior?
Am I willing to die instead of taking the mark of the beast?
LET IT GO
Be ready to go to heaven in a blink of an eye.
Examine my commitment to Christ.
Surrender unconditionally my all to Him.
Remove any idols in my life.