Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Missionaries

644.  "Missionaries"                   November 6, 2012
3 John-Part 2
Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you. 3 John 5

LET IT GLOW

Since I am missions director at my church, I have many ways that I support our denominational missionaries. I pray, give money, lead others to give, educate others about their work and needs, and volunteer as a missionary sharing Jesus at home and abroad. Several missionaries have come to my church sharing about their work for Jesus.

Gaius, the one to whom John wrote this letter, was an indirect missionary. Verse 5 says he was faithful in what he was doing. I am reminded of Colossians 3:23, and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men.
In Matthew 25:40b, Jesus said, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Our works do not go unnoticed by God.

[Be sure to vote today, friends.]

LET IT GROW

Gaius was a good example to other believers by:
  • faithfully showing hospitality to brethren and strangers (verse 5); missionaries were sent out without support nor places to stay and he provided for them;
  • loving, a proof of genuine Christianity (verse 6);
  • supporting God's representatives on their journey (verse 6);
  • supplying food, supplies, and money for the missionaries, being a fellow-helper (verse 8).
I will be leaving Friday, November 9 with a missions team to the Dominican Republic and will return on the 16. We covet your prayers. We will be teaching and preaching in territory which is not served by a missionary in my denomination. A door has opened for us to give testimonies in a high school. We are praying for all these people to receive the truth of Jesus Christ.

LET IT GO

Be a missionary wherever I am, sharing the gospel of Jesus.

Support missionaries who give of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment