Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks Early

650.  "Giving Thanks Early" 
November 19, 2012

With Thanksgiving coming Thursday, I ponder on what I am thankful for:

*a loving husband who has stayed faithful to me and with me for almost 40 years. Nov. 25 we
  will celebrate that anniversary! He is also faithful in serving God.

*a sweet daughter, who has given me 4 grandchildren and is carrying the 5th. She is teaching
  them the ways of God.

*a wonderful son, who is always looking out for me; allows me to spend time with his
  daughter; loves God.

* the greatest son inlaw who loves God, his family, and others.

*the most wonderful daughter inlaw who is growing in faith in Jesus, loves her family, and
  puts up with me.

*my extended families and their support.

*friends who share the love of Jesus around the world and here at home.

*our church family which loves God, His Word, and others.

*Most of all, I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who created me 58 years ago, saved me 42
  years ago, and has never left me; for His love, forgiveness, mercy, and grace that are everlasting.

* for a free country in which I can read the Bible, worship my God, and serve Him.

* for you, who reads what I write.

I hope we don't wait until Thanksgiving Day to give thanks, but we do it everyday of our lives.
Psalm 100 is a favorite of mine. What is yours?

Well, friends, as you read this, I am leaving tomorrow to spoil my grandchildren, which I haven't seen in 1 1/2 years. So if I don't post the rest of the week, you will understand why, I am sure.(I am studying Jude, our next Book in the Bible.)
Read about our mission trip on the previous post. Tomorrow we begin Jude, so will you join me?

May Jesus bless you and your family.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment