Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mission Trip

649.  "Mission Trip"   November 17, 2012
Then the disciples went back to their homes. John 20:10

If you read the rest of the chapter, you will see that Mary stayed at Jesus' tomb, alone, and got to see the Savior and talk to Him. The disciples didn't at that time. They left and went home.
I don't want to be too quick to go home and miss out on experiencing Jesus. Do you?

I sure missed you friends. Each morning I wanted to dig into the word and type a lesson, but God had other things for me to do.

Wow! What a week of experiences! God's arm of mercy, grace, and love is not too short that it does not reach around the world. I thought I'd give a summation of last week. Sorry I did not post any, but there was no internet service until the last few days.

Our mission team preached, taught, and shared the Gospel in 6 churches and 7 communities in the northwest part of the Dominican Republic. There were 22 known saved as a result. I met so many beautiful brothers and sisters in Christ.

On Sunday morning, I taught a children's Sunday school class of 53 about Zacheus. (I love short people, since I am one.) Just as Jesus bid Zac to come to Him, 16 children came to Jesus and found Him as Savior. Glory to God!

We traveled around 500 miles to various towns. God has opened the door for us to return in June to do a VBS, ESL classes, and other activites in a new town for us. We are excited about the prospects of that.

Then on Tuesday and Wednesday we went into a high school where 3 of us shared our testimonies. We had freedom to share the Gospel, but do not know how many prayed to receive Jesus. That is in His hands. Thank you for all the prayers for me. It was the first time I had shared particular things of my childhood, which was very difficult. God gave me strength.

We saw first hand the effects  Hurricane Sandy had upon this island, only 2 weeks earlier. Tall waves washed away some of the dirt supporting a bridge, making it unsafe to travel over in a van, so we walked across it. Floods like never before were experienced in the northern area. They don't know what to do. In spite of such difficulty, Christians continue to praise and worship our God and Savior. It was such humbling  circumstances for me.

We made so many new friends and felt the love of Jesus there.
Please continue to pray for the Christians, churches, and pastors. Truly the harvest is white, but the laborers are few.

I was always amazed at the palm, banana, and coconut trees and gorgeous flowers everywhere. They were  down the middle of the streets and in yards. I am very grateful for hot water and electricity in my home upon returning. Sometimes we had electricity, but hot water was not in the homes where we stayed, only cold.

Last, we went to the bridge where the Haitians crossed over into the country to go to market, if they had money to buy or products to sell. What a sight! Such poverty and suffering! Oh my, but we Americans are so blessed!!! I shall never forget the sight.

No sacrifice is too great when one is serving Jesus. I learned to follow Him and He provides what is needed.

Well, I must go do laundry and take a hot shower. If you listen, you might hear me singing praises to Jesus for His blessings and gifts to me.

I wonder where this country road of faith will lead me next. Only God knows. I am just following Jesus by faith where He leads.
We will get started in Jude on Monday, so be sure to join me. I'll share a cup of tea with you, because I sure missed it last week.
 (Can you believe there are only 2 books left in the New Testament for us to study together?)

In His Love,
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment