Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Changes

Acts 22
For thou shalt be his (Jesus) witness unto all men of what thou hast
seen and heard. Acts 22:15

LET IT GLOW


In chapter 22, Paul gives his testimony of his meeting Jesus as Savior, and
his obedience in serving Jesus.

In his book, Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit, Charles Swindoll said,
"One word best characterizes the essence of obedience: Change. It threatens
our comfort, interrupts our routines, challenges our priorities, and introduces
anxiety. Living a life of obedience is an impossibility if you and I are unwilling
to change. Paul, as that remarkable man of grace and grit handled many
crucibles of change."

Webster's Dictionary defines change as "to make different".
It is hard for me to have things change in my life. How about you? I don't think
I can count on both hands the number of times I have moved since getting
married. That was always difficult for me, since I previously lived in the same
house for 18 years  and attended the same school all 12 years.
I tend to like some things to remain the same, not made different (except for
household things and clothes).

In the same book mentioned previously, Swindoll tells us that when God
stepped in, everything changed. Paul was converted to Jesus. The group of
people he lived with and served dramatically changed.
When God put the missionary team on the road, everything changed for them-
surroundings, lifestyle, pace. They accepted the change. As a result, hundreds
of thousands of Jews accepted Christ as Savior and numerous churches were
started, plus Paul wrote most of the New Testament.

Am I willing to change when the Lord says to change?  Will I go and do as
He directs? If not, what blessings would I miss out on? How would others
be affected?

LET IT GROW


It was when Paul reported of a vision in which God commanded him to go
with the gospel to the hated Gentiles, that the riot exploded again. Paul
informed the Roman commander that he was a Roman citizen, so he had a
right to be examined.
The next day, Paul appeared before the Pharasees and Sadducees, the
Sanhedrin, which is the Jewish council. They would determine whether
there was any adequate grounds for a legal proceeding against Paul.
Chapter 23 tells what happened.

This tells me that God had already taken care of Paul before he was born so
he received no further beatings and that he would be sent to Felix, Festus, and
then king Agrippa in Rome.

Just as God took care of Paul, He has already taken care of my needs as I
serve Him. Do I trust Him? (Some things are easier to write than do, but I'm
working on it.) Will you join me?

LET IT GO

Change when the Lord says for me to change-attitudes, ways, job, location, etc.

Seek God's will and trust Him to make the right decisions for my life, then
obey Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment