Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Unclean Lips

O. T. #1573  "Unclean Lips"
Nov. 26, 2019
Isaiah 6-Part 4
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of Hosts.
(verse 5)

LET IT GLOW 

In verse 5, who did Isaiah say that he saw?
It was the King, the LORD of Hosts that he saw in the vision God gave Isaiah. The title LORD of Hosts is used 62 times by Isaiah, and 285 times in the Old Testament.
It pictures God as a warrior, a leader of armies, who is able to conquer all of Israel and Judah's enemies. Also, a remnant of faithful believers, He can save.

Psalm 24:10 says, Who is this King of glory? The LORD of Hosts, He is the King of Glory. 

Can we imagine our glorious King Jesus in all His splendor, ready to lead His army of heavenly hosts to victoriously destroy our enemies?
Should we be reaching out to Him? Are we fighting our battles alone? Our Jesus is all-powerful. Are we asking Him to fight our battles?


LET IT GROW 

How many times do we women put lipstick on, masking our unclean lips?
What do I mean by that? Read on, friend. 

After Isaiah saw God in His holiness, how did he see himself? In his self-evaluation, Isaiah declared, Woe is me! In Hebrew, the word woe is in the sense of crying out after; lamentation; Oh! alas.

It was a legal charge (I am ruined or I am dead). (Falwell)
In his vision, Isaiah was standing before the throne of God. Could he have been saying, "Oh me, I am speechless!"?
Here Isaiah was face-to-face with the Holy Trinity. Isaiah realized that he was undone and had unclean lips.
Undone refers to be brought to silence; hence to fail or perish; utterly undone.
Unclean means defiled; polluted.
Lips, used here, is talk, speech; vain words.


Seeing the Lord and listening to the praise of the angels, Isaiah realized that he was sinful and unclean before God, with no hope of measuring up to God's holiness. (Life Application Study Bible)

Our righteousness is as filthy rags, garbage. Paul recognized that when he experienced the Lord of Righteousness, Jesus Christ. He was humbled and broken. Aren't we the same?

Isaiah confessed the sinful state of his soul. Have we done so, too? Now is the time to ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins, before we stand before Judge Jesus, facing eternity.

LET IT GO

Sweet Jesus, You are Holy. 
I am a sinner in need of Your cleansing and forgiveness. 
How merciful You are!
May my lips say encouraging and lively words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment