Friday, November 8, 2019

My Sweet Kathy

O. T. #1562  "My Sweet Kathy"
Nov. 8, 2019
Isaiah 1-Part 2
Why should you be stricken again? You will revolt more and more. The whole head is sick, And the whole heart faints. (Isaiah 1:5)

LET IT GLOW

Israel fell captive to Assyria, the great world power at that time. Prophet Isaiah has a vision from God, where He is speaking to Judah. What is this problem Judah has? They are worshiping idols in the high places. They are in disobedience and sin, not obeying God's laws.

In verse 5, what is the nation of Judah's condition?
  • Their whole head is sick,
  • their heart faints.
Sick, in the Hebrew, means anxiety, calamity, disease, or grief. 
Faint means sick, troubled. 

Have you ever felt this way? Friends, today I am in that condition-my head is grieved and I am faint hearted. My cousin Kathy passed away yesterday morning of a massive heart attack.  We were more like sisters than cousins. When we were kids we would play together, as teens we would do things together, as senior adults we would call each other often. Our relationship was a special bond. She didn't have a sister and mine was miles away and 10 years older. We shared what was happening in our family and our pains.

My head tells me she is having a wonderful time in heaven, but I am so grieved, missing her like crazy. My heart is faint, troubled, and sick. There are so many regrets of not calling her more often. However, I know we all feel that way when we loose a loved one.

Sweet Kathy was a kind person, happy, funny, didn't meet a stranger, endured the problems of being a diabetic, had vision problems, but kept going with Jesus. Oh that I could be more like her. Eventually I will get to the point of rejoicing with her.


LET IT GROW


Jesus, there is no one like You. You are our hope. You are the strength of my heart. I know You make no mistakes, doing all things right. Show me how to minister to Kathy's husband, four children, and grand babies.


LET IT GO

Thank You Jesus for giving me such a loving friend as I needed.
To You be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment