Monday, November 4, 2019

Our Beloved

O. T. #1558  "Our Beloved "
Nov. 4, 2019
Summary of Song of Solomon


LET IT GLOW

Whew! We made it through the book together. I think this is the second time I have studied it. It's not the type of material I enjoy reading. Anyway, we made it. All the way through, we studied the Song from the view point that the Shulamite farm-girl-turned-queen didn't love Solomon, but a shepherd back home. After reading the material from that view, I tend to think it was not the correct one for me. Maybe she really did forget her fellow back home and fell in love with the king. He certainly did fall head over heels in love with her.

So, for sure we can gleam from this book that love in a marriage needs to be kept alive and actively showing it. We need to ward off pride, resentment, unforgiveness, selfishness, and neglect. Those "little foxes" have the potential of chewing away at the vines and blooms to destroy them.

Since God is the Author of love and the Creator of the institution of marriage, we can see how this book exalts both. A Christ-honoring marriage can have an effect on their children grandchildren, church, friends, and neighbors, as well as the happiness and well-being of the couple.
[Resource: The Jeremiah Study Bible]

Are there any little foxes threatening your marriage. Listen, we have to always be on guard, alert to anyone or anything that is trying to destroy our marriage. It may come in the form of a job that keeps us separated for lengths of time, a flitting person looking for love, or just our taking each other for granted. So let this be a wakeup call to us. We must guard our love relationship.  Let our sweetness of love continue.

LET IT GROW

Usually for a summary of a book of the Bible, I review any verses that meant something to me. I consider Jesus to be our Beloved. Here we go:

I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. (2:1)
My beloved is mine, and I am His. (2:16)
How fair and pleasant Thou art. (7:6)
Who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning upon her Belived? (8:5)
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death. (8:6a)

We have learned that our God's love for His children is strong, sweet as the fragrance of roses, and as beautiful as the lily. His filling of us with this love is a gift from the Lord. How can we but share it?
He seals us with the Holy Spirit to reassure us of this love.
Is Jesus our Beloved?

LET IT GO

Help me be a more loving wife today.
Thank You Jesus that I am Yours and You are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment