Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Where Are Our Steps Taking Us?

O. T. #1479  "Where Are Our Steps Taking Us?
July 10, 2019
Proverbs 20-Part 2
Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and He shall save thee.
Proverbs 20:22

LET IT GLOW

Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way? (verse 24)


Life Application Study Bible tells us:
We are often confused by the events around us. Some things we will never understand; others will fall into place in years to come as we look back and see how God was working. This proverb counsels us not to worry  if we don't understand everything as it happens. Instead, we should trust that God knows what He's doing, even if His timing or design in not clear to us.
Psalm 37:23-24 says, A man's steps are established by the LORD, and He takes pleasure in his way. Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, because the LORD holds his hand.

Why do we seem to have this need to try to understand everything along the way since God directs our steps? How can we understand our own way? We have never passed this way before. Only the Holy Spirit can lead us along the right path meant for us. God told Mosses that he needed God to lead him. And so do we.
When we go our own way, we end up in a mess, at least I do. Then I end up asking God to deliver me out of it. I should have asked His directing first. Amen?

LET IT GROW

Look at our key verse now. NLT says it this way, Don't say, "I will get even for this wrong." Wait for the LORD to handle the matter.

Sounds like revenge is not for Christians. God will handle the matter. So quit pondering over it, Linda. It is not your department. Let it go and let God handle it. Don't we need to have a good talking
to our self every now and then? Some people will never apologize, anyway. I know that if I am to be the kind of person God wants me to be, then I must forgive and love in spite of them. I have had to eat crow a lot during my years in the ministry. In the bigger picture, what does it matter who is right? So pride be gone. If we say we love God and hate our brethren, does the love of God dwell in us?
Self, there is your task for today. God will help.

Jesus walked up the steps, which lead to Calvary, carrying the cross. Can I do any less-deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow Jesus.

LET IT GO

Direct my steps onto the path You have established for me, O Lord my God.
If my steps are to be down the path of forgiveness and love for the person who hurt me, so be it, so be it.
Use me for whatever You want.
I am trusting that You know best, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment