Thursday, July 4, 2019

July 4, 2019
Independence Day

Folks, there are so many blessings for us to thank the Lord for giving to us. I am enjoying having my daughter and her family here with us this week. Last night, we took the grandchildren down to the creek, which has been in my family 4 generations. It was so peaceful and relaxing sitting in the shade beside a cold creek. (Except for the yelling of happy children) They got to float down the stream snake free, walk barefooted on rocks, skip rocks across the top, swim in the cold spring-fed clear water. I even saw a few bald headed eagles fly over. They roasted hot dogs on an open fire. Grandma had baked homemade cookies and cold watermelon were ready for all to enjoy. My brother, who owns the farm now, and his son joined us, sharing memories. New memories were made last night.
Isn't that what makes life have meaning, loving each other?

So I hope you have a wonderful day today with family, enjoying our freedom, and making new memories. Our cookout is planned, with fireworks for the kids. Now I have to get to the kitchen and make those hungry chillin' come homemade peach cobbler and blueberry cobbler. Wish you could all join us.

Proverbs 19:1 says, Better is a poor man that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.

I am rich with the love of family and Jesus. May I walk with integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment