Friday, July 5, 2019

A Planning Person

O. T. #1477  "A Planning Person"
July 5, 2019
Proverbs 19
Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom for the future.
 Proverbs 19:20 RSV
You can make many plans, but the LORD's purpose will prevail. verses 21 NLT

LET IT GLOW

Are we listening to advice that others give us? Are we accepting instruction? Sometimes we should heed advice and instruction. A wise person can be a good influence for us. They can help us gain wisdom for our self. However, it is difficult to listen when the advice is presented in a critical way. That just gets me on the offensive. Therefore, it would be good if we considered how we are presenting some good advice and instructions to others. Hmm.

LET IT GROW

Are you a planning person? I'm not talking about having a ridged schedule that you can't vary from it.

Sarah Young says in her devotional Jesus Calling:
Walk with Me in holy trust, responding to My initiatives rather than trying to make things fit your plans. I died to set you free, and that includes freedom from compulsive planning. When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, you cannot hear My voice. A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control. Turn from this idolatry back to Me. Listen to Me and live abundantly.
Isn't that good advice! His plans are always good, better than ours.

LET IT GO

I will trust in You, Jesus.
Direct my thoughts and plans today.
Help me to listen to advice and instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment