Thursday, October 11, 2018

Troubles and Vultures

O. T. #1303  "Troubles and Vultures"
Oct. 11, 2018
Psalm 91-Part 4
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation. Psalm 91:15-16

LET IT GLOW

The other morning my husband called to come look out the window. There was a vulture sitting high up in the dead pine tree in our yard. What a sight. Now I got to thinking, that scavenger may have been waiting for my kittens to leave the front porch and it would snatch it up for a meal, leaving me with one less kitten. (My husband told me they only eat dead animals, but I wasn't going take any chances.) That was not going to happen. Not on my watch. So this mamma went out to the yard and made all kinds of noise. It flew away. So far, there has not been a return of the vulture.

Troubles can be like a vulture that lurks around us, waiting to snatch up our faith, right? What can we do? Here's the thing, the one who takes up residence in the secret place of God, will have angels, even a guardian angel, caring over them. We found that in verse 11. Satan loves to place snares in our path to cause us to stumble into sin and stray away for our God. But when we set our love upon God, He will deliver us. He said so in verse 14.

Here are more promises from our Heavenly Father:
  • That is when we can call upon God and He will answer us.
  • God will be with us in our time of trouble.
  • I will deliver him.
  • I will honor him.
Look at this believers in Jesus. Deliverance while we are in trouble and out of trouble is promised. We will experience God's gracious presence while we are in troubles, His Word and Holy Spirit will strengthen, support, and comfort us.
Paul received sufficient grace (2 Cor. 12:9) His thorn in the flesh was not removed. He endured whatever it was for the glory of God. This man made three missionary journeys and a find journey to Rome, sharing the love of Christ abroad. What an example for us to endure our troubles.

Jeremiah 33:3 says, Call upon Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things.

The key is for us to call upon God. Stop taking it into our own hands to solve the problem. (Speaking to myself) don't we want to see our God doing great and mighty things in our life? Hmm. Yes sir!

Another thing, the one who honors God with their life and love, who is willing to forsake this world, will ultimately be honored by God. Can't get any better, folks.

All God's children singing, "Glory, glory, hallelujah He reigns!"

LET IT GROW



What is another promise for us that is found in verse 16? We will be rewarded with a long life and His salvation at the end of it.

In the New Testament, Simeon was not only blessed with a long life, but he also saw the salvation of the Lord whenever he saw baby Jesus, the Messiah.

To see the salvation of God is to see beyond today and to know that, "...the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18).


We are on our way to a better country, heaven. So let us keep our heart and treasure focused on heaven today. Spending our investment on spiritual things is going to be rewarded. One day will be our last one to live here. Then we will be transported to our eternal home.


LET IT GO


Invest my time, money, and life on eternal things.
Thank You Jesus that I can call upon You and get answers to my prayers.
You always deliver me.
Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment