Thursday, October 25, 2018

Giving Thanks

O. T. #1314  "Giving Thanks"
Oct. 26, 2018
Psalm 100
Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.  (verse 4)

It's time to do something different here.
In our key verse, the word thanksgiving refers to an extension of the hand; adoration; praise; thanks; confession; a choir of worshipers.
Praise is a hymn of praise.
Bless refers to kneel; to bless God (as an act of adoration); salute; thank.

So come on folks, join me as we enter the gates and courts of the holy sanctuary of our God. Let us enter with thanksgiving and praise, giving thanks and blessing His name.

First, let us enter with our hands raised, adoring our Savior, Jesus Christ, the One who gave His life to pay for our sins.
Next, let us sing a song of praise to our God, Creator and Sustainer of our life.
Then, let us kneel before our King of kings and Lord of lords, giving Him thanks.

I have already done this before even beginning to write this. I wonder if y'all will join me today by adding 10 things to our list for which you are thankful to God. I'm not sure if it will work, but let's try to keep adding to it until we have written 100 things.

With a thankful heart,
Linda





1 comment:

  1. 1. Thank You God for all these faithful believing friends that
    You have blessed me with here.
    2. Thank You for Jesus, the thread that connects us together
    in Your love.
    3. Thank You Father for my breath of life today.
    4. Thank You God for Your Word that is from You to me.
    5. Thank You Jehovah Roi for healing my ear and sustaining my
    hearing of birds singing outside.
    6. I give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good, His mercy
    endures forever; that You show mercy to me each morning.
    7. For eyes to see the changing colors of the leaves, I am
    grateful.
    8. That I have a faithful husband all 45 years of marriage,
    thanks be to You God.
    9. For 2 wonderful children, their faithful spouses, and 7
    beautiful grandchildren that I enjoy, thank You Father.
    10. Praise You Jesus for enduring with incomprehensible love
    the cross and have prepared a home in heaven with you
    forever.

    ReplyDelete