Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Change

O. T. #1316 "Change"
Oct. 30, 2018
Psalm 100-Part 3
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.  James 1:17


LET IT GLOW


How many ways has God shown us his love? They are countless, wouldn't you agree? Just this morning I went outside to feed my cats and heard the quietness of the morning. There was little traffic noise on the highway in the distance, as of yet, but a bird was singing in the nearby woods. More brown leaves  were glowing orange in the light of the sun. These are only a few gifts of the morning from our Father in heaven. Can you tell I am a morning person? Soon those leaves will fall off the trees and change will be readying the trees for the winter. They change, but our God does not.
As I breath in the crisp morning air, I breath out a thank you to Him-for another day of life, eyes to see, His love surrounding me. Folks, it is I that needs to change.

One more time let's take a look at this psalm, one of my favorites. I like to read in Sarah Young's devotional book, Jesus Calling, for she writes it from the perspective of Jesus speaking to us. Here are some of her writings on this chapter, from different days of daily readings:
  • Come into My Presence with thanksgiving, desiring to be transformed. (I read in our Bible study book, in talking about Matthew 6:10, "We are constantly praying for Him to change something." Maybe what needs to be transformed or changed is us.) 
  • When you worship Me in spirit and truth, you join with choirs of angels who are continually before My throne. Though you cannot hear their voices, your praise and thanksgiving are distinctly audible in heaven. Your petitions are also heard, but it is your gratitude that clears the way to My Heart.
  • Thankfulness opens the door to My Presence. It is built on a substructure of trust. When thankful words stick in your throat, you need to check up on your foundation of trust. I want you to learn the art of giving thanks in all circumstances. See how many times you can thank Me daily; this will awaken your awareness to a multitude of blessings.
  • Let thankfulness rule in your heart. Instead of trying to be in control, you focus on Me and what I am doing. Enjoy abundant life by overflowing with praise and thankfulness.
Sunday, I read in our Bible study book comments about Matthew 6:10, "We are constantly praying for Him to change something"
Maybe what needs to be transformed or changed is us, our attitudes and views. Shall we look for the gifts we have received and be thankful today?

LET IT GROW


I woe my all to You, Jesus. I'm in awe of You. At the cross, I surrender my life. Yes, I owe all to Jesus!

When we realize that God created us and gives us all we have, we will want to give to others as God gave to us. 2 Corinthians 9:8 says, And God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that in every way always having everything you need, you may excel in every good work. (Life Application Study Bible)

With God's grace, let us excel in every good work today, giving thanks and praise to God the Father of Lights.

LET IT GO


Change my heart O God, make it every true; change my heart O God, may I be like You Jesus.
Open my eyes and heart to see the good gifts You have bestowed upon me, a sinner.
Glory to You name on high, my El Shaddai.

No comments:

Post a Comment