Thursday, February 15, 2018

Remember When

O. T. #1153  "Remember When"
Feb. 15, 2018
Job 29
Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me. I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go.  Job 27:5-6

LET IT GLOW

What are some happy moments you remember? Was it graduations, weddings, birth of grandchildren, the dream job, a first house, and a heart filled with the love of Jesus when He first came into your life? What about unexpected gifts, winning a prize, a special trip, getting together with family, seeing old friends of long ago, hearing your favorite hymn? Can we add experiencing the hand of Jesus in our life? Job was recalling happier times in his life:
  • when he walked and talked with God;
  • as his 10 children were with him;
  • material blessings;
  • respect of those in the community;
  • looked upon as one of the greatest men in the East;
  • the power and prestige that people only dream of and never experience, but Job did.
As you though of those happy moments, did a smile come upon your face? Maybe a tear of joy rolled down your face, too. Can we stop and thank God for His protection, blessings, and love that never ends?

LET IT GROW

Job had not gained his former wealth by taking advantage of people, nor by dishonest ways. He didn't exploit the week or poor. This man had a moral and social conscience that most wealthy men do not have today.
Job was the defender, deliverer, liberator, advocate of the:
  • poor (verses 12, 16);
  • fatherless (verse 12);
  • widow (verse 13);
  • lame and blind (verse 15).
Not only was Job a friend to the most needy and defenseless of society, but at the same time, he opposed evil men and prospered. Job sat chief and dwelt as a king, even among the nobles of his people. (Falwell)

How inspirational Job's profile is. He loved the Lord most of all. He was such a giving person, overflowing with generosity, compassion, and wisdom. He did it all.

LET IT GO

Be more compassionate, generous, and giving.
Look for those in need of help and encouragement.

*Friends, I am having surgery this morning, so I seek your prayers. The surgeon is removing a lipoma, a fatty tumor off my spine. Needless to say, I am antsy about its location. Isaiah 41:10 came along so I'm not going to fear nor be anxious. My God will strengthen me and help me and uphold me.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, the surgeon and that you will be at rest about it.

    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete