Friday, June 9, 2017

Standing in Our Place


O. T. #1,000  "Standing in Our Place"
June 9, 2017
2 Chronicles 34-Part 4
But I have spared you for a purpose-to show you My power and to spread My fame throughout the earth. Exodus 9:16 NLT

LET IT GLOW

I am so thankful that God has allowed me to study His Word with you, dear friends all this time. It is humbling to think that He uses me to share His encouragement and Truth around the world. I celebrate today as the 1,000th lesson in the Old Testament. He is a good, good Father, and we are loved by Him. Wish you were here to grab a blueberry muffin and iced tea and sit on my porch of this country road of faith. Join me again as we search for answers in His Word.

The King Josiah received discouraging words from the Law and the prophets. Doom and captivity was headed Judah's way, in time to come, because of their idolatry and neglect of obedience to God's Word. But, you know, I don't read of him staying in his room, curtains drawn, and deep in depression. What did he do?(Verses 30-33 give us the answers.)
  • First of all, the king went up into the House of the LORD.
  • He was joined by all the men of Judah, the inhabitants of Jerusalem the priests, the Levites. (That is to be expected, isn't it?)
  • In addition, all the people, greatest and least, joined them.
  • Josiah read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant that was found in the House of God.
  • The king stood in his place and made a covenant before the LORD to walk after the LORD and keep His commandments, and His testimonies, and His statutes, with all his heart, all his soul, and to perform the words of the covenant which are written in this book.
What a godly and committed king! We saw it earlier when he was 16.
Whatever happens to us in the future, can we stand in our place, committed to follow God completely as Josiah did, not matter what? Count me in, Jesus!
Lift our heads, Lord, for it ain't over yet. Though our heart has been broken, keep us walkin' by faith. Though our prayers aren't answered yet, keep us standing where you put us. We are holdin' on to You to get us through this, so please hold us.


LET IT GROW

Look at verse 32. The king caused all that were present in Jerusalem and Benjamin to stand to it. They made a pledge similar to that of the king. They renewed their covenant with God, the God of their ancestors.

Then Josiah removed all the detestable idols from the entire land of Israel and required everyone to worship the LORD their God.
And throughout the rest of his lifetime, they did not turn away from the LORD, the God of their ancestors.

Yes! They came full circle again, worshiping God to worshiping idols, and back to worshiping God again. Now that is a good note to end on today.
Sweet ones, let us join together praising and worshiping and giving glory to our Holy One of Israel, Great Jehovah, Lord Almighty, King Jesus! Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me, praise His holy name.

Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll.  I'm spending it with my husband's siblings at a beautiful Missouri state park soaking in the beauty of God's creation and the love of family. Christian, let us stand by faith in Jesus!

LET IT GO

Stand by faith, being faithful, where God has placed me.

Stand to it, keeping my commitment to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment