Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Thanks

O. T. #926  "Thanks"
Feb. 15, 2017
1Chronicles 29-Part 3


LET IT GLOW

David's prayer at the last speech he gives, is a spontaneous response to such a generosity of giving to the building of the new Temple by Israel.  He praises the God of Israel, in His greatness, power, glory, majesty, splendor, and head over all. This king acknowledged God as the ruler over all things, of which all things belong to and come from.

King David, a man after God's own heart, gives thanks to God and praises His glorious name. (verse 13)
What an example for us to follow. It is one of the greatest prayers in the Old Testament, filled with praise, adoration, and thanksgiving.

Praise leaves humanity out of the picture and focuses fully on the exaltation of the living God.  (Swindoll)

Do we have a heart of praise for who God is? It is not the same as thanksgiving for God has done.

Praise to the King of kings, the LORD of lords, Emanuel, Savior, Messiah, Redeemer. With all creation I sing, praise to the King of kings; You are my everything, and I adore You.


LET IT GROW

But who am I and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort?For all things come of Thee, and of Thine own have we given Thee. (verse 14)

Has God given David and Israel one thing after another? Such lavish grace of God that they have experienced throughout the years! He owns it all. He gives unto us to meet our needs. How often do we give thanks?

I challenge you to make a list of thing for which you are grateful today.
Thank You God for my washer and dryer, for I have seen a woman wash clothes in a bowl and hang them on a clothesline. Many thanks for a cook stove, for I have seen women cook over an open fire. I appreciate hot water and a shower and an indoor toilet, for I have visited those who do not have such.
I am grateful for a faithful husband and loving children, as well as wonderful grandchildren. For dear friends and neighbors and a caring church, thanks.
Most of all, how can I thank You enough for life and breath and salvation! Your grace is amazing; Your love is everlasting; mercy is new every morning. You give and give without emptying Your heart  and hands.


LET IT GO

Give thanks unto the Lord for He is good; His mercy endures forever.

Share the gifts God has given.

No comments:

Post a Comment