Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day


Memorial Day
May 26, 2014

So many have laid down their life for their countrymen, family, and nation. We owe our freedoms to them-from the Revolutionary War soldiers to those fighting the hateful ones in present-day battles. We should pray daily for our soldiers and their families. Probably every family in our country has currently or has had in the past a family member serving in our military. It is such a sacrifice.

I am reminded of the verses in John 15:12-13 where Jesus said,
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Are we living a sacrificial life? Are we laying down our life in love to serve our commander-in-chief, Jesus Christ? Are you paying the price as you stand up for Christian values and Biblical principles? Keep on dear friends. How else will the world see and feel the love of Jesus, if not through His followers. Let us continue to carry the sword, fighting against evil, until Jesus returns. We are soldiers of the One True King, Jesus.

Share and care.
Live and give.

Got to go put flowers on my hero's grave, my dad. As I have said before, he fought in WWII, stepped on a mine in France, lost a leg, while fighting for America's freedoms. Growing up I didn't realize what he had gone through for me. I didn't tell him that he was my hero. We should express our gratitude to people and the Lord for allowing us to live in a free nation. Others do not have that privilege. They are told to follow a certain religion.

Pray for our vets. They bring home with them emotional and physical problems.
Thank those who are serving in our military.

I will continue our study tomorrow in Leviticus.
Enjoy your free day.

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment