Feb. 10, 2014
Exodus 26-Part 2
...and the veil shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.
LET IT GLOW
Today we can go to the store and buy whatever color of curtains we wish and not give it much
though as to the process for making them. My kitchen curtains have red apples pained on them. I really have not given much thought as to how they got there. It wasn't easy for the Hebrews in the wilderness. Are you curious? Read on, friend.
Instructions for the two veils hung in the Tabernacle, the inner and outer veils.
What do we learn about the inner veil?
- It separated the two rooms, the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies.
- Only the high priest could pass through this veil, and only once a year, on the Day of Atonement (Lev. 16).
- This beautiful veil was made of finely twisted linen, blue, purple, and scarlet, with cherubim motif woven into the design by a skilled craftsman.
- It hung with gold hooks on four posts of acacia wood overlaid with gold and standing on four silver bases.
- It hung with clasps and the Ark of the Covenant, or Ark of the Testimony, as it is called.
- It hung was also made of blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen, which an embroiderer made.
- It hung on gold hooks as a curtain, across five posts made of acacia wood that formed the entrance to the tent of meeting, the Tabernacle, like a screen. They had five bronze bases.
required some technical sophistication with textiles and fabrics. (MacArthur)
Did you ever consider all the work which went into making these curtains?
LET IT GROW
The veil hiding the Holy of Holies, the place where the Ark of the Covenant and the Mercy Seat
were placed, represented our Lord Jesus Christ's body which was given for us on the cross. When He offered u His Spirit, the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom, thus allowing anyone to
come at any time into God's presence. (Wiersbe)
Matthew 27:50-51 states, Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the
ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom;
and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent.
As Jesus hung of the cross and died, this inner veil tore from top to bottom. This signified that no person did, only God. Why was this significant?
Hebrews 10:19-21 says, Having therefore , brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; And having a high priest over the house of God.
As believers in Jesus Christ, and Gentiles, we do not need a priest to speak to God for us. We
now have access to Holy God our Father, in His throne room. Jesus is our High Priest,
interceding for us to The Father as we pray. Such a wonderful privilege! Thank You Jesus!
LET IT GO
Use my skills for the Lord's work.
Pray with reverence, since I am entering the Holy of Holies, bowing before Jesus.
Always thank Jesus for what He endured for me, a sinner.