Thursday, April 8, 2021

What a Day!

O. T. #1918 "What a Day!"

April 8, 2021

Ezekiel 30

LET IT GLOW

So we can find some hope amidst the doom and gloom of the Prophet Ezekiel warnings from God, we are looking into the book of Psalms.

Psalm 35 says:

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favor My righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of His servant. (verse 27)

And my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long. (verse 28)

I will give Thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise Thee among much people. (verse 18)

All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto Thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him? (verse 10)

And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in His salvation. (verse 9)

David prays for safety in this chapter. His enemies are devising David's hurt, destruction, and evil against him. Aren't we thankful for the psalms he wrote?

It was a tough weekend. I kept trusting Jesus and asking for breast cancer to not be in me. (My sister had it, so I was worried. but worry is a sin, so I kept surrendering to God's will for my life.) I tell you, it was a hard thing. Doubt kept fighting my faith. Then Monday morning, good news came, a negative biopsy.  Did you hear me shouting for joy! What a day! How great is our God! His mercies never end!

Are you there, dear one? All we can do is put our troubles into the hand of Jesus.

LET IT GROW

Have you heard the phrase, "their day is coming?" It is in reference to them getting what they deserve. In Egypt's case, the judgment of God was coming to this prideful and idolatrous nation. Their day of the LORD was a near day, a cloudy day, a painful day, a day of pride falling, a day of desolation, a day of destruction of the land, a fearful day, a darkened day, a day of groanings, and a day of scattering of the Egyptians. What a day it was when the Babylonian army conquered Egypt and their Phaooah king died.  

Friend, there is coming a day of no more sorrow, no more pain or suffering, no more evil, no more troubles. That day is the Day of the LORD Jesus, or when we believers are raptured out of here, or when we individually go to heaven. Are you ready for that day? Is Jesus your Savior?  

LET IT GO

What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see; when I look into His face, the One who saved me by His grace!

In the meantime, I can only imagine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment