Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Questions, Burdens, Yokes

O. T. #1925  "Questions, Burdens, Yokes"

April 20

Ezekiel 34-Part 4

LET IT GLOW

 

   In  Psalm 42, David asks several questions, of which most center around him:

When can I go? Where is God? Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? Why has God forgotten me? Why am I grieved and oppressed by my enemies?

Friend, have you asked those same questions? Or maybe you are like me and just wonder about those things? Not only did David ask questions, but he also gave himself answers:

As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after Thee. (verse 10)

I thirst for God, the Living God. (verse 2)

I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again-my Savior and my God! (verse 5,11)

Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you. (verse 6)

But each day the LORD pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life. (verse 8)

Now, here are some soul-searching questions we should ask our self:

Does our soul long and thirst for our God? Is our hope in Him? Are we singing praises to our Savior Jesus? Do we thank God for His unfailing love that He pours upon us? Do we pray each night to our God?

LET IT GROW

Now let's take one last look into chapter 34.  In verses 25-31, God promised to bless Israel when she returns to their land. He will give them a covenant of peace (verse 25) and physical security-safety in the land from dangerous animals and human enemies (verse 25). What blessings does God say He will show upon Israel?

  • blessings of weather (verse 26)
  • blessings of abundant fruitage (verse 27)
  • blessings of a living relationship to the Lord God. (verses 30-31)

...and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delievered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them. (verse 27c)

Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are My people. (verse 30)

Folks, do we have a heavy band of yoke that needs to be delivered off us? A yoke was a heavy wooden harness that fits over the shoulders of an ox or oxen. It is attached to a piece of equipment the oxen are to pull. A person may be carrying heavy burdens of sin, demands, oppression and persecution, or weariness. Jesus can free us from all these burdens.

Here is the answer:

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30, Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

The rest that Jesus promises is love, healing, and peace with God; not the end of labor. A relationship with God changes meaningless, wearisome toil into spiritual productivity and purpose. Responsibilities may weigh us down, but Jesus' yoke lightens the load and makes it easy to continue on because He is sharing in the load. So we must give those challenges, work, difficulties, and burdens for Him to carry as we go through life. [Resource: Life Application Study Bible]

LET IT GO

Is Jesus waiting for us to hand it over to Him?

Put my hope in Him today.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment