Wednesday, April 14, 2021

What is Our Heart Pursing?

O. T. #1922  "What is Our Heart Pursuing?"

April 14

Ezekiel 33-Part 2

LET IT GLOW

For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: Thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. (Ps. 38:15)

For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.  (verse 18)

They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow that thing that good is. Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation. (verses 20-22)

David's suffering was open and exposed. He looked to God for help because there was no one to whom he could turn. His had led to his suffering and his enemies were too powerful for him. His suffering caused his loved ones and friends to avoid him. (Tony Evans)

Where do we turn when problems and trials come? 

LET IT GROW

 

There was a group of Jews left in Jerusalem who thought that just because they were in the land promised to them that they would have fortunes restored to them. The survivors would soon have the same disasters catch up to them. (verses 27-29)

Their failure to put God's Word into practice was their problem. They failed to heed Ezekiel's messages.

Verse 31 says, And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as My people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them, for with their mouth they show much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

These Jews said one thing and did another. They had a heart problem. They lacked a sincere desire to heed God's will.  Those people gave the appearance of following God, but they loved their money more.

Do we outwardly make the impression of being religious while remaining inwardly greedy? Jesus told us that we cannot love God and money at the same time. (Matthew 6:24) Isn't it easy to surrender all when we don't have much? And isn't it difficult to surrender all when we have accumulated wealth, thus avoiding loving it more than God?

What is our heart pursuing-wealth or God? He already sees into our heart, so we must be honest in answering that question. 

LET IT GO

Run to our Father when we have need.

Make God our help, not wealth.

Stay focused on our heavenly home, not our earthly home.

We are almost home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment