Friday, April 16, 2021

Baaa When Having a Bad Day

O. T. #1924 "Baaa When Having a Bad Day"

April 16, 2021

Ezekiel 34-Part 2

LET IT GLOW

Listen to what David wrote in Psalm 40:

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. (verses 1-3)

O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them. (verse 5, NLT)

No matter what our trouble or trial, it's always good to look back and recall the goodness of the Lord. If David learned anything from his exile years, it was that ultimate success depends on faith in the Lord and patience during His providential working. God brought him up, God stood him up, and God tuned him up. David saw the goodness of God's works (wonders) and the wisdom of His plans.                  (The Wiersbe Bible Commentary)

Has God given you a new song in your heart lately? Trusting God makes one happy. Are your feet on a solid Rock (Jesus)? All other ground is sinking sand. 

 

LET IT GROW

Previously, we read about God referring to His people as sheep. Judah was scattered because they had no shepherd. (verse 5) Their false shepherds, prophets, had led them astray into idolatry. They did not feed the sheep on the Word of God and lead them to repentance of sins.

In verses 11-29, God's "I will" occurs 18 times:

  1. seek out My sheep (verse 12)
  2. deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered (v.12)
  3. bring them out from the people and countries (v.13)
  4. bring them to their own land and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers (v.13)
  5. feed them in a good and fat pasture (v.14)
  6. feed His flock (v.15)
  7. cause them to lie down (v. 15)

God promises to take over as Shepherd of His flock. He is still in control and can transform any tragic situation into good of His kingdom. When our leaders fail us, we must not despair but remember that God promises to take care for His sheep. (Romans 8:28)

Are you one of God's sheep? If so, then let Him be your Good Shepherd, so you don't want, lack. Lie down in His green pastures of peace, trusting in Him. He is our Living Water for our dry soul. (Ps. 23:1) Is Jesus your Good Shepherd? (John 10:11) He laid down His life for you. (John 10:15, 17)

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. (John 10:28-29)

When you are having a bad day, baaaa, and your Good Shepherd will come to your rescue. Listen for His voice and He will direct you on the path that you should go. Seek Him for the more abundant life. Words I need to heed.

LET IT GO

Good Shepherd, lead us in Your will, ways, and wisdom today.

Your sheep need Your help, encouragement, love, support.

Bless us with Your peace as we go through this day.

Save us from those who try to rob us of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment