Monday, April 19, 2021

God Will

O. T. #1924  "God Will"

April 19, 2021

Ezekiel 34-Part 3

LET IT GLOW

More wonderful verses are in Psalm 40 which David wrote from his heart as he sang to the Lord God:

Let those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: let such as love Thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. (verse 16)

I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea thy law is within my heart. (verse 8)

I have not hid Thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared Thy faithfulness and Thy salvation: I have not concealed Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth from the great congregation. (verse 10)

But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God. (verse 17)

David was enthusiastic about telling others what the Lord had done for him (for about 15 years of running from King Saul, who had wanted to kill David). Among the worshipers, King David gave glory to the Lord. What a good example for us to follow. Worship is not an escape from life but the opportunity to honor God and be equipped to face life and live for His glory. (Wiersbe)

Did you catch the "I am-You are?" in verse 17? Sometimes we just need reminding that our great I AM is adequate for every need.

LET IT GROW

The Lord always keeps His promises. He provides for His sheep, too. We will pick up the rest of the "I will's" found in this chapter. There are 18 in all that appear in verses 11-29 God says He will:

8. Seek that which was lost (verse 16)

9. Bind up that which was broken

10. strengthen that which was sick

11. destroy the fat and the strong (those who prey on the weak)

12. Feed them with judgment, those fat and strong

13. Judge between the fat cattle and lean cattle (verse 20) (Those trample down pastures, muddy  drinking water, and push the weaker ones around.)

14. Save His flock (verse 21)

15. Judge between cattle and cattle (leaders who take advantage of the people) (verse 22)

16. Set up one shepherd over them (Jesus Christ) (verse 23)

17. I, the LORD, will be their God. (verse 24)

18. Make with them a covenant of peace. (verse 25)

In verse 28, God says that Israel will no more be a prey to the heathen or the beast of the field, but they shall dwell safely and none shall make them afraid.

They are still that today, but God says, "I will," and when He says that, He is going to do it, my friend. (J.Vernon McGee)

Friend, are you beaten down, broken in spirit? Jesus is the Good Shepherd that can mend your heart. He is our hope. Are you trusting in Him today?

I am the Good Shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of mine. ... I lay down My life for the sheep. ... and they shall hear My voice and there shall be one fold, and one Shepherd. No man taketh it (His life) from me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have the power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.(John 10:14-18)

Jesus is all-powerful. Do you believe this? Do I believe this? Then why are we worrying? Ouch!

LET IT GO 

May the meditation of my heart and the words of my mouth be pleasing to You, O LORD God.

Good Shepherd, lead us today along the path You have for us so we can share the good things You have done for us.

Love Him in the morning, the noontime, and when the sun goes down.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment