Friday, February 5, 2021

Gracious and Compassionate

O. T. #1875  "Gracious and Compassionate"

Feb. 5, 2021

Ezekiel 11-Part 3

LET IT GLOW

I have another bone density test scheduled next month. It is done in order to check how dense my bones are now because they have been less than what they should be for years. Therefore, I have been taking a monthly pill in order to stop the deterioration and calcium tablets for about 10 years now. The thing is, I don't want to fall and break any bones, especially now that I am getting on in years. (My aunt once broke her spine just from rolling over in bed.) So I endure the headache I get after taking it. And I don't want to get any shorter than my present 4'10".

What are we doing to keep our spiritual growth maturing and faith renewed today? Maybe you are like me and could use some Scriptures of encouragement now. So I thought I would look through a devotional book and find us some:

You are a God of forgiveness, gracious and compassionate. (Nehemiah 9:17)

The LORD God helps me, therefore, I am not disgraced. (Isaiah 50:7)

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. (Is. 41:10)

I will hold you by the hand and watch over you. (Is. 42:6)

The LORD longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. (Is. 30:18)

His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. (Lam. 3:25)

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. (John 10:10)

Stand firm in the Lord. (Philippians 4:1)

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. (Galatians 6:9)

By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8)

Have you noticed a common thread here? Grace and compassion, who can use more? Isn't He beautiful and gracious when we need it and don't feel we deserve it. Friend, Jesus is there with you and here with me. Luke 1:37 says, Nothing is impossible with God. 

LET IT GROW

Here at the end of chapter 11 we read of Ezekiel's vision ending with a return to the reality of Jerusalem's sin and the Spirit's final departure from the city, leaving the people without God's presence and protection. (verses 21-23) The warning of Ichabod even applies to the church: when it abandons Christ, its lampstand is removed (Rev. 2:5) (The Tony Evans Bible Commentary)

So the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city. (verse 23)

God's glory and presence left the Temple and stood over the Mt. of Olives, where Jesus wrestled with His flesh and Spirit. Then He finally surrendered to do His Father's will. Today, this special place is fenced in and tourists can only gaze into the garden. It is located high on a hill, east of the Temple and walls of Jerusalem. Huge, old olive trees many years old still grow there. Needless to say, it is a quiet and solemn place.

How long do we spend in serious prayer, folks? 

LET IT GO

There is nothing better than You Lord Jesus.

You are so gracious, compassionate, and beautiful.

Pleas bless all who read this with salvation and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment