Thursday, February 4, 2021

Are You Content?

O. T. #1875  "Are You Content?"

Feb. 4, 2021

Ezekiel 11-Part 2

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God: Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come. (verse 16)

LET IT GLOW

Are you content with where you are, the things you have, the situation in which God has placed you? Confession time. As I write this, I see myself. I am so guilty of not being content. I got my eyes on the wrong things, folks. I wasted hours looking for a newer and better house and not being content with what God has provided for the two of us. (It's a hundred year old small farmhouse that needs repairs.) So I ask myself, what can I do to make it not so crowded with my "stuff"? Reality hit me right in the heart. Perhaps I am to be a missionary right where I am located. New neighbors are moving in around me. That is why I wanted a change. Instead of being resentful, I should be happy to make new friends. Wow! Have I ever failed! How about you?

Hebrews 13:5 says, Let your conversation be without covetousness;  and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said: I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Even though the warning of the sword, fire, destruction, and famine came to the Jews concerning them and Jerusalem, God gave them hope. After all of that occurs and 70 years of captivity had passed, God said they would know He is the LORD, Jehovah (Self-Existent or Eternal).

Now, look at our key verse above. What is God saying He will do when it is time?

  • Ezekiel and his fellow exiles were actually a remnant of Israel that God said He would preserve. this is the first promise of restoration in this book.
  • Although He cast them off and scattered the Jews among the countries, He will gather them back together. And they would worship only God Jehovah together. They are the faithful ones.
  • God would be a sanctuary to those Jews in captivity, the righteous remnant, and give them spiritual protection. (verse 16)
  • When God gathers and assembles His people, He will give them the land of Israel. (verse 17)
  • They will remove all the detestable things and all the abominations among the ruins of Jerusalem and the once-was Temple site.
  • He will give the returnees one heart, a new spirit within them, and will remove the stony heart out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh. (verse 19) One heart indicates a unanimous singleness of purpose. No longer will they seek many gods; they will be content with God.
  • God will do this so they will walk in His statutes, keep His ordinances, and do them. (verse 20)
  • They shall be His people and He will be their God. (verse 20)

The land of Judah enjoyed its Sabbath rest all the days of desolation until 70 years were fulfilled. (2Chronicles 36:20b)

It took the Jewish returnees, some 42,360 of them, 4 months to go 900 miles back to Jerusalem. They went through hot and dry desert land. Zerubbabel led the first group. They rebuilt the Temple after a 14 year struggle. Adversaries kept them from completing it. Then Ezra the priest led 3,508 in the second group of returnees some 59 years later. He established worship of God in the Temple. Lastly, Nehemiah led his small group of returnees 13 years after that. He led the rebuilding of the wall around Jerusalem. What a mission for the missionaries.

Dear one, have you received a new heart? Not a physical heart, but a spiritual one. Jesus can give it to you if you have not. Just believe He is the Son of God who came to take away your sins. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins. He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse you of all unrighteousness. (1John 1:9)

LET IT GROW

Those that worshiped idols were killed by the sword of the Babylonians. Remember, they did not have the mark of the believers on them and were not spared. (chapter 9)

If you are a Christian, let me ask you this. Is Jesus Lord of your life? Have you offered Him your life today to be used for His glory?

LET IT GO

I am with you and for you. You face nothing alone-nothing! Fix your eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. (Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young) 

No comments:

Post a Comment