Wednesday, September 8, 2021

What to Do in The Waiting

O. T. #2020 "What to Do in The Waiting"

Sept. 8, 2021

Daniel 12-Part 5

Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (Daniel 12:12)

LET IT GLOW

What word jumps out at you in this final verse spoken to Daniel?Wait has hit me. Well, let me say up front that I have not been a good waiter. The Lord told me vague instructions, so I prepared for it, and here I am, waiting as to how and where to carry them out. I have been waiting for doors to open since January, praying daily about it. And nothing has come to pass. No specific directions. Folks, I am between a rock and a hard spot.

In the Hebrew language, waiteth means to adhere to; hence to await; long; tarry.

I want to wait well, but not doing such a good job at it. Are you in the boat with me? Is there an answer that you are seeking from the Lord? So I realize it is not God's time for this to come to pass. I recall a book written by Wendy Pope, an excellent Bible teacher. I need some wisdom from God's Word.

 I hunted for her book, "Wait and See" and found it under a pile of books. Here are some instructions for us waiters:

  • Waiting well looks forward to the future while staying present in the present. Accept God's ways. Trust His ways not doubt His wait.
  • In the classroom of waiting with God, walk with Him, enjoy His presence, seek what He wants us to do.
  • He is preparing us for what He has prepared for us. Hang on for the ride. don't manipulate the situation.
  • Continue to do what we know to do. (Mark 12:30; Phil. 2:13-16)
  • Carry out the Truth in obedience; turn to Truth when the wait makes us weary.
  • Don't fret, but delight in the Lord Jesus, trusting Him. (Ps. 37)
  • Do good for somebody.
  • Be a delighter rather than a fretter.
  • Do nothing until the command, the impossible thing for us but not for God, is given.
  • Prepare in the pauses so we are ready to embrace God's plans.

Isaiah 64:4 says, since ancient times no one has hear, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

That helps me and I hope it helps you. God is working things out for my good and His glory. He is getting us ready, me ready, preparing the way. He is working on our behalf.

 

LET IT GROW

As I wait, I want to surrender my hopes, desires, and dreams to my Great God, rather than the object of my wait.

Daniel did not experience the new Jerusalem and Temple the Jews rebuilt, yet he remained faith to God those 70 years of waiting through the captivity.

David waited about 15 years before he took the throne of Israel. Noah worked 120 years on the Ark. Abraham and Sarah waited nearly a hundred years to become parents. Jesus waited 30 years to start His public ministry. 

We have to allow God to do a work in us before He can do a work through us. Confess our sins. Don't fill our void with worry, plans, fear, food, shopping, social media, but with the Truth.

I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Ps. 16:8)

If God was faithful to those in the Bible, He is going to be faithful to me and you.

Am I asking God to align my heart with His heart? Are my desires His desires?

 

LET IT GO

Let go of my will and wait for His will.

Let go of my plans and wait for His plans.

Count my blessings, name them one by one.

See what the Lord has done.

Thank You, Jesus, for I needed to be reminded of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment