Monday, August 4, 2014

Free Tickets

O. T. #335  "Free Tickets"
August 4, 2014
Numbers 15-Part 2
That you may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God. 
Numbers 15:40

LET IT GLOW

In verse 41, God reminds Israel by saying, I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD your God.

In Hebrew, the word LORD is Yhovah (Yeh-ho-vaw'), Jehovah, meaning Self-Existent or Eternal.

You will recall that Israel had been slaves in Egypt for 450 years. God brought the ten plagues upon Egypt, challenging their gods. Finally, the Pharaoh let the Israelites go into the desert to worship their God. He set two million people free. How powerful God showed Himself to His children. Jehovah provided for them while in the desert. He even gave them the Ten Commandments by which to live.

Has God brought you out of your Egypt, freed you from what held you slave to it? Has He broken those chains of sin for you to be free to worship and praise Him only? Is He still your God? Are you continuing to worship Him, love Him, and serve Him, obey Him?

LET IT GROW

Specific directions (verses 38-40) were given to the Israelites for the way they dressed and their diet. They were to not be conformed to the ways of the heathen. The tassels, fringe, blue hem on the bottom of their clothing served as a reminder of their heritage and the commandments of God. When tempted to sin, it would remind them of God's Words.

Our Savior, being made under the law, wore these fringes; hence we read of the them or border of his garment in Matthew 9:20. (Henry)

The woman with the issue of blood which lasted 12 years had enough faith to believe that if she only touched the hem of His garment, she would be made well. And so it was-her faith made her whole. Jesus healed the woman. What joy she must have experienced and expressed!

Just this week our Christian radio station was giving away two free tickets to hear well known author Lysa TerKeurst at a church only 20 miles from me. I called in three previous times, but did not win. Then the fourth time I called, I WON! I was so excited that I could hardly talk to give my address. Don't you know I did the happy dance! I could not contain the joy I felt.
Did I mention, I won 2 free tickets, valuing $50? My sister in law and I are going, friends. What a blessing from God! Our women's Bible study group has studied several of Lysa's books. We get to see and hear her in person! Now she has a new book coming out this month. Guess what I am buying-The Best Yes.

Are we willing to be set apart, recognizable as one of God's children? Will we obey God in His will for us? What about suffering ridicule for our Redeemer?


LET IT GO

Keep the LORD God as my God, daily worshiping Him.

Thank Him for being my Deliverer.

Praise You, Sweet Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment