Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mountains to Climb

O. T. #217  "Mountains to Climb"
Jan. 28, 2014
Exodus 24-Part 2
And He said unto Moses, Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.  Exodus 24:1

LET IT GLOW

There have been a few mountains that I have climbed. Mostly it was in a car on the road. but oh the view when you finally reach the top. It is like none other.
Do you ever go to the mountain of God, spiritually speaking? Perhaps you have experienced the difficult ascension as I have. It's hard to climb over those steep rocks of sin, hang onto the edge of encouragement so I don't fall off or give up, lonely and alone, battered, scared, and torn from words that have cut my heart out. When I reach the peak, I don't stand, but I fall on my face before Him, seeing how filthy my heart is and knowing that only Jesus can cleanse it. It's a place where I rise above my problems because I laid them at the feet of Jesus, rising with the Holy Spirit lifting me up to walk on stormy seas and through the fire. It's a place where peace, love, and joy like no other is found. Then I am ready to go down and meet the world and life's challenges.
When I reach the peak, I can see what is happening below. Then I am able to help others come up and experience the same things.

Are you ready to go to the mountain with Moses the fifth time, to receive the tables of stone? He isn't alone as he ascends. Aaron and his sons Nadab, Abihu, Joshua, and 70 elders of Israel are with Moses this time. There is a total of 75 men.

Twice the Word says they saw the God of Israel. What did they see?

Falwell describes it as a Christophany, appearance of Christ, accompanied by such glory, splendor, and brightness that the figure was enshrouded in magnificence that primarily shielded Him from their view.

Under His feet was opaque blue, precious sapphire stone, which was used much in Mesopotamia and Egypt at that time. (MacArthur)

Do we see Jesus in His Word? Are we looking for Him in our life and circumstances? Do others see Him in us?

(Were these men supposed to be intercessors for the people? After seeing Jesus, how could they worship a golden calf!????)

LET IT GROW

What did these 75 men do on the mountain with a holy Savior?
They ate and drank in God's presence. (verse 11)
They were to worship God. (verse 1)

Guzik says that God did this because He wanted a sense of fellowship with these leaders of Israel.

Isn't it just like guys to eat? They do like their meals, snacks, and food.
Do we hunger and thirst after righteousness like mentioned in the Sermon on the Mount? If we do, then we will be filled.(Matt. 5:6)
The pure in heart will see God. (Matt. 5:8)
Is our food to do the will of our Father, like Jesus?
Man is not to live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God. (Matt. 4:4)
I want a hunger for His Word and a thirsting for His Spirit. How about you brothers and sisters?

LET IT GO

Climb the mountains to be with Jesus.

Dine with Jesus as He feeds me spiritual food for my soul.

Drink from the Living Water.

Bring others to His table.





No comments:

Post a Comment