Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What I Did and Didn't do in 2013

January 1, 2014

Happy New Year dear friends!

Instead of New Years resolutions, I am looking back at what I did and didn't do in 2013.

Last year I did:
  • Thank God for bringing my husband through heart surgery (oblation) and giving my sister in law back to us.
  • Traveled to the Dominican Republic and taught children about Jesus.
  • Served on the executive board of my state WMU (Woman's Missionary Union).
  • Taught children in VBS class about Jesus.
  • Shared the gospel with others, verbally and through writing.
  • Played with my granddaughter and talked with other grandchildren.
  • Became a skilled fire maker in our fireplace.
  • Sang a solo at church and sang in the choir Christmas cantata.
  • Exercised on my treadmill.
  • Served on the new sanctuary committee.
  • Took note of interruptions in my life as Divine interruptions.
  • Overcame walking pneumonia and adjusting to asthma.
  • Encouraged loved ones with cancer- my sister, sister in law, and youth director.
  • Prayed for our missionaries.
  • Gained 10 pounds of the 20 I had lost. Ugh!
  • Baked banana bread and passed out to our deacons' families.
  • Enjoyed our family reunion on my husband's side.
  • Memorized some of Romans 8.
Last year, I did not:
  • Make my bucket list.
  • Travel to Alaska nor Hawaii.
  • Send out Christmas cards to all my family and friends.
  • Hold and kiss our new grandson.
  • Paint our house.
  • Write a book.
  • Loose those 5-10 added pounds.
  • Clean out our storage building.
  • Have a family reunion on my side of the family.
  • Memorize enough Scripture.
  • Be better organized.
Do I want  any do-overs concerning last year? Hurtful words spoken, words not spoken, spending more time with my aged aunts, serving the Lord more, memorizing all of Romans 8.

How about you friends? Tell us about your accomplishments.

Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)

In His love,
Linda

*Back to Exodus 20 tomorrow. Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment