Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Sing While Enemies Are Around

O. T. #1912  "Sing While Enemies Are Around"

March 30, 2021

Ezekiel 25-Part 4

LET IT GLOW

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Thy wondrous works. (Ps. 26:7)

The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. (Ps.27:2-3)

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple. (Ps. 27:4)

And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. (Ps.27:6)

Teach me Thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. (Ps. 27:11)

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. (Ps.27:14)

LET IT GROW

The third nation in God's judgment is that of Edom. It was located south of Moab from the Dead Sea to the Gulf of Aqabah. It was a rouged terrain and mountainous. In order to get to its capital, one had to travel through a narrow canyon guarded by 200-250 feet high mountains.

Who were the Edomites? They were descendants of Esau, Jacob's twin. Therefore, they were blood brothers of the Jews since both descended from Isaac. (Genesis 25) Although, God loved Jacob and hated Esau. Edom's hatred of Israel began with Esau selling his birthright. Edom never forgave and always sought to pay back double; but God must now deal with her, erasing her as a nation.

Why was Edom going to be annihilated?

  • They rejected Moses' request to pass through their land. (Numbers 20)
  • They opposed King Saul. (1Samuel 14:47)
  • They fought against David. (1 Kings 11)
  • They opposed Solomon (1 Kings 14) and Jehoshaphat. (2 Chron. 21)
  • They rebelled against Jehoram. (2 Chron. 21)
  • During the reign of Ahaz, they won back independence.
  • They acted like a cheering section for Babylon to conquer Judah.

All three nations, Ammon, Moab, and Edom, have disappeared as separate nations, being absorbed into the Arab peoples. (MacArthur)

We better watch out if we are opposing, rejecting, fighting, or rebelling against one of God's children or anointed? We should leave it to God to handle them, taking revenge for us. 

LET IT GO

I will rejoice, for I am a child of God.

I will sing Your praises, King Jesus, my Risen Savior.

All of my fears like Jericho's walls have to come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment