Friday, April 3, 2020

Peace

O. T. #1661 "Peace"
April 3, 2020
Isaiah 48-Part 3

Verses of Encouragement:
Thou art my hiding place and my shield; I hope in thy word. (Ps. 119:114)
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. (Ps. 119:105)
But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because He hath dealt bountifully with me. (Ps. 13:5-6)
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty. (Job 5:17) 
Blessed is the man whom Thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of Thy law.
 (Ps. 94:12) 

LET IT GLOW

A good chapter to read before this content is Hebrews 12. It speaks of the chastening of the LORD. It is a good thing, because it shows us that we are a child of God. It is due to His love for us, as a parent loves their child and corrects them, that God disciplines us. It is so that we might be partakers of His holiness. (verse 10) Afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness and our growth.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. (verse 14)
Therefore, if God is disciplining us with this virus, we should consider it a good thing.

Life Application Study Bible explains:
Like a loving parent, God teaches and guides us. We should listen to Him because peace and righteousness come to us as we obey His Word. Reusing to pay attention to God's commands invites punishment and threatens that peace and righteousness. (Is.48:17-18)
Obedience to God's commandments and commands will bring peace as a river and righteousness as the waves of the sea. His blessings will continue to flow our way when we obey.
Jesus is our righteousness, for ours is as filthy rags. Do you believe in Jesus? He is God's Son who came to be our Savior and Redeemer.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Is. 9:6)

There is no peace without the Prince of Peace.

LET IT GROW

I am the LORD you God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow. (verse 17b)

By His grace He leads them in the way of duty, by His providence He leads them in the way of deliverance. Happy are those that are under such a guidance! (Matthew Henry)

Folks, when we get through this pandemic, we will go on paths while singing with joy in our hearts, for our Faithful God has delivered us.
Can you sing, It is well with my soul?
Will we trust in Jesus, our Provider, Sustainer, and Deliverer?
Live in the peace of God today, for He's got this.
Our God is mighty to save.
Pray for salvation in our nation.

LET IT GO

Whatever my lot, Thou hast caused me to say, it is well with my soul.
For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Your grace is sufficient for me.
I know that You love me and have my best in mind for me.
Please, Jesus, bless and protect and give peace to all who read this today.






No comments:

Post a Comment