Monday, February 6, 2023

O. T. #2371

Feb. 6, 2023

Summary of O. T.  

As we finish up the study of the Old Testament, we can find Jesus there. Who is Jesus in the Old Testament?

Song of Solomon-The Beautiful Bridegroom

Isaiah-Lord of Hosts/Everlasting/The Suffering Servant Who is Coming

Jeremiah-Cleanser/Righteousness

Lamentations-The Weeping Prophet

Ezekiel-Ever-Present/The Wonderful Four Faced Man

Daniel-Fourth Man in the Fiery Furnace/Shutter of Lions' Mouths

Hosea-Husbandman

Joel-Plague/ Alarm

Amos-Plumb Line/ Our Shepherd

Obadiah-Possessor/ Warner

Jonah-A Great Fins/Preacher

Micah-The Coming King

Nahum-Destroyer of Evil Ones/Quaker Light Ahead

Zephaniah-Peace

Haggai-Restorer

Zechariah-Comforter-Prophet

Malachi-Messenger/Faithful/Lord

Isn't it amazing that our God planned it all out before the creation of everything? He does not change, He is merciful, yet He gave Israel the opp0ortunities to repent of their sins, idolatry specifically. As a loving Father, He disciplined His children when they rebelled. As a Father, God has His rules and we must follow them. 

Jesus loved us so much that He left heaven to become like us and offered Himself as a perfect sacrifice for us sinners. Faith in Him is all it takes to be one of His. What a plan! It is Jesus that we need, our Savior and Messiah, in order to get to heaven when we die. 

Sooo friend, have you asked Jesus to be your Savior, to forgive your sins, and be your LORD?

Thank You, Jesus, for You have been good to me! You are my breath, my beat of my heart, my life, my Peace, my joy. 

Thank you, dear friends for studying the Old Testament with me. It is good to know I am not alone. We have many visitors throughout the world, maybe curious ones, hungry ones for love, seekers of filling the void in their soul. It is my prayer and hope that they found it by reading the Scriptures here.

Well, this is not the end, but I am going into the New Testament next. Be sure to join me. Let's walk through the Gospels with the Disciples and join Paul on his missionary journeys and his letters to churches, take a peek into the last days.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. I look forward to meeting you in heaven one day as we worship Jesus together!



2 comments:

  1. I love this list. Wonderful! Our church is studying, in part, who Jesus is. Can't wait to join you in the New Testament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend,
    So glad you are with us. Pray all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete