Thursday, November 8, 2018

What a Friend We Have in Jesus

O. T. #1322  "What a Friend We Have in Jesus"
Nov. 8, 2018
Psalm 104-Part 2
The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in His works.
 Psalm 104:31

LET IT GLOW


I think we would agree with David that it is God who gives breath of life and takes it away. (verses 29-30)  A sweet lady, the mother of one of my childhood friends, was only given two or three days to live by Hospice. So far, she has lived 4 days passed their prediction. She sings, What a Friend We Have in Jesus while lying on her deathbed. She is so very ready to go to heaven, waiting to be with her husband and Savior. While here, she is telling everyone that Jesus loves them. He has her appointed time for exiting here. Her life is in God's hands, as well as ours. We are all God's creatures, depending upon our Creator for life and existence. Oh, to be strong like in faith like this sweet lady.
Do you have a friend in Jesus today?

LET IT GROW


What are the 3 wills that David says he will do in verses 33 and 34?
  1. He will sing unto the Lord as long as he lived.
  2. He will sing praise to his God while he had his being.
  3. He will be glad in the Lord.
The Hebrew word for glad is sameach (saw-may'akh), which means blithe or gleeful; be glad; joyful; making merry hearted.

While we live and have our being, will we be glad in the Lord. singing His praises, too?
We hope for a better life and a better being in a better world. Now that is something to sing about! We will finally be with Jesus and away from evil.

LET IT GO

Our God is greater,
our God is stronger,
God, You are higher than any other;
our God is healer,
awesome in power,
OUR GOD.

And if our God is for us, then who can stop us?
And if our God is with us, what can stand against us?

It's You breath in my lungs as I pour out my praise to You, Holy God.

I like those songs.



3 comments:

  1. Linda,

    The fall colors this year have been just beautiful, showing the artistry of our Father. I don't remember them being so brilliant across the different states as they are this year. It has been quite the gift to see their beauty.

    Hope you are having a great fall. We have just made our 18th move in almost 40 years as Chris took a different job (same company, though). I am now back in the "look" mode for new employment, but my body is saying I need to be careful of what I sign on for as I am having some struggles. Yet, I know God will lead me where I need to go.

    Keep writing friend- love these studies.

    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, love how your friend is sharing even as she is nearing leaving this world. What a testimony! I know, though, it is still hard on those who are left here. Praying for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to hear from you, my friend. I feel for you having to move so much. We moved a lot in our younger years. It is one way to sort through things.

    I appreciate your encouraging words. I'm trying to find a variety of resources to spice things up a bit.

    Yes, indeed, the leaves have been gorgeous this year. God's handiwork is evident.
    Stay warm, for winter is around the corner.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete