Tuesday, November 13, 2018

From Bondage into Blessing

O. T. #1325  "From Bondage into Blessing"
Nov. 13, 2018
Psalm 105-Part 3
And He brought forth his people with joy, and His chosen with gladness.  Psalm 105:43

LET IT GLOW

This morning, as I looked out my window, there were snowflakes falling. Now let me tell you, I was as excited as a little child. It's snowing! We didn't get snow last year, so it was a welcomed sight, anyway for me. (I know, for those of you who live in the north, it is no big deal, especially after all the snow you received last year.) Two inch accumulation is expected. Yep, I am excited and rejoicing in the land of blessing. I needed some thrill in my life, too. Israel must have been just as excited on that morning whenever they left the bondage of Egypt.

Three acts of God proved His love and faithfulness in Israel:
  1. He remembered His sacred promise, and fulfilling it, to His servant Abraham to bring his descendants to the Promised Land. (verse 42)
  2. He brought His people out of Egypt with joy, His chosen ones with rejoicing. Israel went from  the land of bondage into the land of blessing. (verse 43)
  3. He gave His people the lands of pagan nations, and they harvested crops that others had planted. (verse 44)
[Resource: Liberty Bible Commentary, New Living Translation]

Wouldn't we agree that those were proof of God's love and faithfulness to His chosen people?
Have we experienced such love and faithfulness of our God?
Has God rescued us from bondage into blessing?

In Galatians 5:1 (ESV) Paul states, For Christ has set us free, stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Christ died to set us free from a long list of laws and regulations. However, we are not free so we can do whatever and sin, but He set us free to love others and live unselfishly. Living under grace, we desire to serve Christ, so let us stand firm in our beliefs and not become a slave to sin.

LET IT GROW


Why did God do it? Why did He endure with longsuffering such ungrateful people?
Verse 45 holds the answer: That they might observe His statues, and keep His laws. Praise ye the LORD.

On Wednesday nights, at our church I am teaching a small group of girls up to age 10. We have been going through the Old Testament, focusing upon the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) for a few months. I am encouraging them to memorize each one. This is in order so they can be obedient to God's laws, now and years to come. I keep asking them if and how they obeyed each one of the Commandments this past week. Then I point out that because we are sinners, we do not keep every Commandment every day. That is why Jesus came, to fulfill the Law.

Praise Ye the LORD!
He has given us freedom from the chains of bondage to sin.

LET IT GO


Thank You Father for your love and faithfulness, for delivering me from the bondage of sin, for bringing me into the land of blessing.
You are so good, King of my heart.
Thank You for the white snow falling.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the snow. I like it one day a year- Christmas. I admit it can be pretty as it falls, but then.... ugh. LOL.

    Linda, are you on Facebook? Just curious as it is a good means to direct folks to your wonderful study.

    Blessings to you, my friend and enjoy that snow. Wished you could keep it there, but alas, I think it is headed our way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaylene,
    Yes I am on Facebook. It would be fun to converse with you. Come on over for a visit.
    I have a feeling we will receive our portion of the snow this year since none fell last year.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete