Monday, September 24, 2018

Much Needed Showers

O. T. #1291 "Much Needed Showers"
Sept. 21, 2018
Psalm 86-Part 3
But Thou, O LORD, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.  Psalm 86:15

LET IT GLOW

David told us that God is good and does wondrous things; He is God alone. David experienced God in such a variety of ways. In our key verse, he says God is full of:
  • compassion (merciful),
  • gracious,
  • longsuffering (patient, slow to anger), and
  • plenteous in mercy and truth.
Anyone have a need for God's compassion, grace, patience, and mercy in you life? When we fail, stray away, or feel insignificant, God is filled with them, ready to hand them out to us. He delights to answer our prayers when we are in need, insufficient, perplexed, or challenged with life.
He takes our brokenness and makes us whole.

As I write this on Friday, rain is showering down upon our land. such sweet, refreshing, and steady, gentle watering from the sky. We were so dry that leaves were falling from the trees and crunchy beneath our feet. (Too early for fall) I even swept off the back of my car that was covered with dust, after getting groceries out of the trunk. Now I don't have to do it again.
And smelling the fresh air-mmm, nothing like it. You know I had to take my iced tea out on the front porch swing and enjoy the slow shower rain dripping off the roof. I was joined by my old cat, Mr. T.

My soul needs that kind of refreshment. Fill me with Your compassion for others, Lord Jesus; help me show grace to them today when it is not merited; oh, and I definitely need a double dose of patience as I drive; for sure, mercy and truth is needful, all in my heart today. Won't You show my heart today?

LET IT GROW

Can't we agree that we don't deserve God's mercy and strength (verse 16), but He gives them anyway? David asks God to show a token (sign) of His goodness. Did He not see the evidences of the goodness of God in his situation?
If David was delivered from his enemies, then they would be ashamed of their actions. It would show that God was God alone. It was due to God helping and comforting him. Thus, we know it happened, over and over again.


LET IT GO

Thank You, Jesus, for Your endless love, forgiveness, patience, grace and mercy, truth. No one loves me like Sweet Jesus. I stand in awe of You.
Help me shower others with it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment