Friday, September 21, 2018

Great and Wondrous Things

O. T. #1290  "Great and Wondrous Things"
Sept. 21, 2018
Psalm 86-Part 2
For Thou art great, and doest wondrous things: Thou art God alone.  Psalm 86:10

LET IT GLOW

Has God done great and wondrous things in your life and my life lately? I mean something unusual, something just for us to find reassurance that He is with us; something marvelous for only us.

In the Hebrew language, great refers to exceedingly; high; mighty; noble and wondrous means to separate; distinguish; hidden; things too high; marvelous; miracles.

Here is my recent experience. As I looked out my kitchen window, I longed to see the deer again, grazing together in the field, young ones with their mothers, little white tails wagging, and then watching them gracefully jumping fences using their long legs. It is all so amazing to me to observe this creation of God. I enjoy it so much, as you can tell, I'm sure. Well, we have had  hot and dry summer weeks, with only a few showers here and there. So I concluded that the beautiful creatures moved on to greener grass and cooler waters.
Then the other night I was surprised, big time, with a great and wondrous thing. I hit on this idea of going out in the back yard to get a twig with leaves to play with my kittens, instead of using yarn. I looked under the pecan tree, but none had fallen, so I thought about looking under another tree. I walked around the corner of the house and there they were-six deer grazing in my yard only a few yards away, mind you. All I could do was freeze and marvel at such a sight. Of course, after a few seconds, they saw me and jumped the fence, then ran into the woods. Needless to say, I forgot all about my task and ran into the house sharing my experience with my husband. Then I had to share it with my family on Messenger. I said, "Grandma almost got run over by deer tonight." They picked up on what I was talking about, the song Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

Now, I do not believe in coincidences, so I believe my Heavenly Father did a great and wondrous thing just for this simple-minded child of His. I had to share it with you folks.  How about you? Had any great and wondrous experiences from God lately?

Truly, nothing is impossible with our God. He is all-powerful, we know.
In Ephesians 3:20, Paul says, Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

Friend, I was only thinking about longing to see the deer. I didn't even ask God to send them my way. He definitely did exceeding abundantly above what I was thinking.
So what is the lesson for us here? Why do we not ask our loving Father to do a special work in our specific need? We know He can. Ask and believe. It's that simple. (I'm talking to myself, too.)

LET IT GROW

Look at David's request in verse 11, which is my theme verse for this blog, said differently in the NLT:
Teach me Your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to Your truth! Grant me purity of heart; so that I may honor You.

God has taught me so many things, daily actually, as I study His Word and write this blog. I want to live it, too. Not just read and write it. I have found that the opportunity to apply what I learn comes my way, also. Sincerely, I do desire to have that purity of heart and to honor my Savior in all I do. Whenever I fail, His grace picks me up to put me back on this country road of faith. How good my God is!

LET IT GO

What if the trials of this life are His mercies in disguise? (Laura Story's song)
Help me find good in what You do in my life.
May I give Jesus glory and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment