Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Be Still


O. T. #1239  "Be Still"
July 11, 2018
Psalm 46-Part 3
Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.  Psalm 46:10-11

LET IT GLOW

Rules, performance, expectations, pressures, deadlines-they will eventually wear us down. In our world, we find acceptance when we fit in, look and act like those on top. Eventually, we fall short, can't keep up, can't keep going on this fast pace spinning us around. What do we do when we drop the ball? How can we help others when our own world is falling apart?

Sure our mind tells us God is in control, yet our heart has us dangling from a shoestring of faith. The answers we need is found in our key verse:

1. Be still.
Who has 20 minutes to be still in this fast pace life? I know, dear one, I have been there. I finally decided before getting into the rat race, I would be still in Bible study. (Thank you friends for joining me.) However, others are not on this road of faith. Now, there is a difference in the "meditation" that is popular. Theirs opens up the mind to blankness, allowing the devil access. That is not what I am talking about. Find a quiet place in your house, assign it to be your quiet place, for however long you can remain there. Come away, alone with God.
I pray before I get out of bed. Then I listen to praise music before Bible study. However you do it is fine, just do it.

2. Know that He is God.
 Now that we have physically come away, let us do so spiritually. Reverently honor God, exalting Him as your Creator, Savior, King and Lord, the One in charge, all wise, all powerful, merciful and gracious, loving and faithful, and peace and comfort. We can sing praises, quote scriptures, sit quietly, or cry pouring out our heart to Him.
(That takes our focus off us and our problems and puts it on God.) Know Him in our heart, not just our mind.
I like the song that says, In Christ along our hope is found."  Folks, He is our refuge and strength to go on and meet today's challenges.

Will we be still and know He is God? Jesus loves you and me. Be calm and pray, as my pillow says..

LET IT GROW

What is God telling us in the rest of verse 10 and 11?
1. He will be exalted among the heathen.
Heathen can be a foreign nation, a Gentile, people.
Although people set themselves up, have their own will and way, God will ultimately have His will and way, receiving glory for it.

2. He will be exalted in the earth.
God will receive glory, exalted above all. Creation honors Him.

3. The LORD of Hosts is with us.
He is on our side. No need to fear. We are not alone in this.

4. The God of Jacob is our refuge.
He is the answer. Jesus is the Way, Truth, and Life. We can trust in Him, as well as put our hope in Him. May it be said of us, "Through it all they trusted Jesus." Is it will with our soul?


LET IT GO

Be still and know He is God.
Exalt Jesus.
Place my hope and trust in Jesus today.
Through it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment