Friday, July 7, 2017

Remain Strong

O. T. #1,018  "Remain Strong"
July 7, 2017
Ezra 5
The eyes o the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.  Psalm 34:15

LET IT GLOW

King Ataxerxes issued an order that the rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem cease. However, it was not the work on the city that stopped, but rather on the Temple, which lasted 15-16 years. (Guess I was wrong in saying 10 years.)

Then God helps His people by sending prophets to move working again. The Prophet Haggai, in 1:2-10 of his book, proclaim the message from the LORD in Jerusalem at a time of deep depression:
  • Why are you living in luxurious houses while My house lies in ruins?(1:12)
  • The people feared the LORD when they heard the message.
  • I am with you, says the LORD! (1:13)
  • So the LORD sparked the enthusiasm in Zerubbabel the governor of Judah, Jeshua the high priest, and the whole remnant of God's people. (1:14)
  • They began the work on the house of their God, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, on September 21 of the second year of King Darius's reign. (1:15)
Is God reassuring us that He is with us? What He begins, He finishes. Nothing can thwart His work.
Is there something we laid aside, but need to get back to so it can be finished, for His glory?

LET IT GROW

How, in comparison to the splendid Temple does this house look now? It seems like nothing at all!
Then the LORD said through Haggai, in 2:1-5:
  • Be strong Zerubbabel.
  • Be strong Jeshua.
  • Be strong all you people still in the land.
  • And now get to work, for I am with you!
  • My Spirit remains among you, just as I promised when you came out of Egypt. So do not be afraid.
God was going to shake things up, according to Haggai 2:6-9. The future glory of this Temple will be greater than the past glory. and in this place I will bring peace. The LORD of Heaven's Armies had spoken. S to verse 19 and God promises to bless them.

Now go to Ezra 5:2,The prophets of God were with them and helped them rebuild the Temple. (NLT)

Yes! Shall we get to work?
Did I ever need this Word today! Everything is almost ready for our annual Vacation Bible School and going smoothly until a teacher has a health issue and had to quit before anything was prepared for her class. Lord, you know what is going on, so I will not get stressed out this time.
Well, I thought the teacher had the book and kit, and she thought her assistant had them, and I thought one of them had them. Nought! So I am going this morning to look for the much needed missing things and get things prepared. If I can't find them, then I have to drive to the bookstore and see if they are available to purchase again.
But God is in control. We people mess up, He doesn't. Pleaseeeee help me find it, Jesus!!!! I don't have time for this detour. But maybe I do. My granddaughter and I can have lunch together while on the detour. God will make me strong while His Spirit remains with me. It will all work out. Please pray for me and the sick teacher.

LET IT GO

Trusting Jesus today to meet my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment