Monday, April 14, 2014

Give my All

O. T. #267  "Give my All"
April 14, 2014
Leviticus 1-Part 2
He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering mad by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD. 
 Leviticus 1:9  NIV

LET IT GLOW

I recall a time when my country road led me down the mountain and to one of the cities of our state. Before I attended the meeting, I had almost made up my mind to resign my position due to some issues and decisions which I disagreed. However, I realized that the Lord had me there for a purpose and I should fulfill my commitment. I need to give my all in His service, no matter where it is and what it is doing. I am to serve and honor Him. After all, the animals sacrificed were all burnt up.


Failure to keep the moral law exposed the Israelite to punishment and death. The ceremonial law made provision for failure to keep the moral law. It is important to observe that the offerings did not cancel sin, they covered it until such time as the offering of Christ at Calvary could provide true cleansing.  (John Phillips)

We will see throughout the Old Testament that three kinds of Quadrupeds were commanded to be sacrificial:
  1. a bull or ox, the cow or heifer, and the calf
  2. he-goat, she-goat, and the kid
  3. ram, ewe, and lamb (Adam Clarke)
We have previously discussed that these animals had to meet the requirements of God-a male one year old, spotless without blemish; it was a voluntary sacrifice, one on which the owner placed his hands as a symbol of transferring his sin to the animal; its blood was sprinkled upon the altar.

Reading back through this chapter and David Guzik's Commentary, I realized:
  • The priest burnt all of the animal on the altar. (verse 9) What happens in Leviticus happens before the LORD, including all the sacrifices made.
  • All of the animal, after it was washed, was burnt on the altar.
  • It was a sweet aroma before God's throne.
  • Nothing was held back when everything was burnt before the LORD on the altar.
  • There was an order to the sacrifices God wanted respected. It was not a "do your own thing" matter.
Would our sacrifices given to God change if we understood that we were "doing it before the LORD"?

God looks at our heart as we give. The burnt offering was a reflection upon the heart of the person giving it, sacrificing it.

Is my attitude one of "I surrender all?" Am I holding back?
Are my offerings just anyway that I want or the way God wants me to so I please Him?
How about my service done for Him as an offering? Is it in accordance to His will for my life?

These directions were given so the people would know what was best pleasing in God's sight and thus worshipping Him, they might have confidence that they pleased Him, everything done according to God's own directions. A consciousness of acting according to the revealed will of God gives strong confidence to an upright mind.  (Adam Clarke)

How is our conscience in relation to our sacrifices and offerings to God?

LET IT GROW

Ephesians 5:2 states, And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

In John 1:29 John said as he saw Jesus, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Many verses in the Book of Revelation refers to Jesus as the Lamb of God.

In accordance with chapter 1 of Leviticus, we recognize Jesus as our Sacrificial Lamb without spot or blemish, which was offered unto God for the our sins. Jesus willingly offered Himself.
The only thing we can offer unto Him is our soul to be cleansed by His blood, spiritually speaking. It is the only way we can be acceptable to God. When God sees Jesus' blood covering our sins, we can come before His throne and He will hear our requests. (God cannot look upon sin.)

Are we offering, dedicating our whole body, soul, and substance to our Creator and Savior?

LET IT GO

Glory, honor, and praise be to the Lamb of God who takes away my sins when I ask.

Thank Jesus for completing the sacrificial requirements for me.

Praise Him for His never ending love.

Surrender to do all of His will, His way today.

Share the good news!



No comments:

Post a Comment