Monday, March 3, 2014

What Will I Offer Today?

O.T. #238 "What Will I Offer Today?"
March 3, 2014
Exodus 29-Part 3
...I am the LORD their God.  Exodus 29:46d

LET IT GLOW

What do I have to offer people? I'm not talking about "things we can hold in our hands," but those intangible, friend. Things like love, joy, peace, and hope from knowing God through Jesus.
What do I have to offer God, other than physical and monetary things?
I have my heart, soul, life, devotion, obedience, talents, time, words, actions to give.
Offer means to present, put forth.
What do I have to offer?
What will I give away today?
What will I offer to another today?
Read on to see what the priests were to offer to God.

In verses 38-46, we read of some I wills which God tells Israel through Moses.

God will:
  • meet with you (Aaron), to speak there unto thee;
  • meet with the children of Israel, and the Tabernacle shall be sanctified by His glory;
  • sanctify the Tabernacle of the congregation and the altar;
  • sanctify both Aaron and his sons, to minister to God in the priest's office;
  • dwell among the children of Israel, and be their God.
According to Strong's Concordance, the word sanctify, in Hebrew, is qadash (pronounced kaw-dash'), means to be, make, pronounced, or observe clean (ceremonially or morally); purify.

Do we consider our house of worship to be a sanctified place?
When God's Spirit dwells within believers in Jesus, aren't we considered a sanctified place for Him to dwell?
In His prayer, Christ said, Sanctify them through thy truth; thy Word is truth. (John 17:17)

The author of Hebrews 13:12 said, Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate.

1 Peter 3:15 encourages us to sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

Are we sanctifying ourselves by confessing our sins to Jesus so He can purify, forgive, us?
Do we share with others how they can be sanctified?

LET IT GROW

As part of the duties of the priests, they were to begin and end each day with the burnt offerings.
 In the morning, the priests were to:
  • remove the ashes from the altar,
  • get the fire burning,
  • then offer the lamb to the Lord. (Lev. 6:8-13)
  • accompany it with flour, oil, and wine.
Isn't this a beautiful picture of what our morning "devotional time" ought to be like?

Stir up the gift of God (2 Tim. 1:6) literally means "fan into full flame."

Do we let the fire on the altar of our hearts get low (Rev. 2:4), become lukewarm (Rev. 3:16), or even cold (Matt. 24:12)?
God's Spirit lives within us and therefore we should be a separated people who bring glory to God
 (2 Cor. 6:14-7:1).

Israel was the only nation to have God's glory (Rom. 9:4), which moved into the Holy of Holies inside the Tabernacle (Ex. 40:34; 29:43).

LET IT GO

Make sure He is the LORD my God.

Keep the fire of my heart burning for God.

Stay in God's Word.

Be ready to give an answer for the hope within me-Jesus.

I offer my life to be used according to His plan, for God's glory.









No comments:

Post a Comment