March 26, 2014
Exodus 34-Part 5
When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. Exodus 34:30
LET IT GLOW
Do we light a candle and hide it? No, I light candles so it can give light. (Some candles have a nice scent.) Several times out electricity has gone off and I had use the candles for a light source. Moses' face shone for a while. Read on to find out the details.
The laws were repeated to Moses a second time on Mt. Sinai by God. Perhaps it was due to the
situation with the golden calf and the breaking of the stones on which the Ten Commandments were written. Maybe due that event, frustration caused Moses to forget what he had seen and heard before. Whatever the reason, we know that Moses wrote the Pentateuch, first five books of the Bible.
Verse 26 is a reminder for the children of Israel, when they are living in the Promised Land, to bring their first fruits of their crops into the house of the LORD their God as a sacrifice.
Do we give God the first of our fruits by writing the first check to the church?
It is a matter of worship and attitude.
Christ is the firstfruit, the first born, the first to rise from the dead. (1 Cor. 15:23; Rev. 1:5)
We are the firstfruits of His creatures. (James 1:18)
How often do we worship our Creator?
Are we giving Him the first of our day?
LET IT GROW
What else do we learn?
- Moses was with the LORD 40 days and 40 nights without bread or water.
- Moses wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
- Moses' face did shone brightly as it had after the first trip up the mountain. It was the glory of God reflecting upon him.
- He wore a veil on his face after talking to the men, Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation after returning to them.
- Moses removed the veil when talking with God.
Are we letting out light, God's love, shine before people?
LET IT GO
Honor God with my firsts.
Let Christ shine I my life.
*Please excuse my lateness. Pop ups kept interfering with my writing, so I had to stop and work on deleting them.