Wednesday, April 3, 2024

A Perfect Plan For a Perfect Lamb

N.T.#277 "A Perfect Plan For a Perfect Lamb"

April 3, 2024 

Matthew 26

LET IT GLOW

We can look ahead and read what is going to happen in these last three chapters. They contain the plot of the priests, the anointing of the Lord Jesus in Bethany, the betrayal, of Jesus the institution of the Lord's Supper, the agony in the Garden, the Lord's arrest, His trial before the priests, Peter's denial, the trial before Pilate, and finally the crucifixion and resurrection. (Falwell)

The Passover feast was just two days away. It is the first feast on the Jewish calendar and kept in remembrance of Israel being delivered from slavery in Egypt and death of the first-born as they applied blood of the Passover lamb over their doorposts. 

What a perfect plan of God for the Perfect Lamb of God to be killed , our offering for our sins. Jesus fulfilled the requirements for God to forgive sin. 

No fewer than six time, Jesus had already mentioned-either directly or indirectly-the fact of His coming suffering and death at the hands of men. (16:21; 17:12, 22-23; 20:18-19, 22-23; 21:38-39) (Swindoll)

In spite of the wicked plotting for their own twisted purposes, nothing happens outside of God's sovereign will or contrary to His own timetable.

In John 10:17-18, Jesus says He lay down His life, no one took it away, but it was by His own initiative and authority that He lay it down and take it up again.  

LET IT GROW 

Doesn't this give us a different perspective on our own suffering and the suffering of our loved ones? God has a plan and purpose for our life and death. When it isn't time for us to die, we will live. I am a living testimony of that. At least 4 times I could have died-after surgery when I stopped breathing, after a test that depleted my potassium and my heart could have stopped, during the Covid vaccine going through my heart and lungs, and when a car collided with ours on my side. Praise be to God our Father, the giver and sustainer of life! That is why I want to do God's will, His way, for His glory! I owe Him my everything, my very life!

Friend, are you a believer in Jesus as Savior, Messiah, Giver of Life? In a second, your life can end. Where will you spend eternity? 

LET IT GO

How gracious, loving, and kind You are, my Redeemer!

You are so merciful and gracious.

Holy is the Lamb of God who takes away my sins-Jesus Christ!

We love You! Use us today to share hope and love with those who need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment