Wednesday, January 18, 2023

You Are a Precious Jewel

O. T. #2359 "You Are a Precious Jewel" 

Jan. 18, 2023

Malachi 3-Part 10

And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of Hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. (verse 17)

LET IT GLOW

Do you have any jewels in a jewelry box? Throughout the years of marriage, my husband has bought me several. Recently, for our 50th anniversary, he took me to a jewelry store, along with a stone he bought in Brazil, and had me pick out a necklace that I wanted it put into, so I did. The stone had been in my jewelry box some 10 years. I had forgotten about it. How special it is to me now.

Do you know that you are a jewel of God's? Even if you don't feel special, you are. 

In the Hebrew language, jewels means wealth; peculiar (treasure); special.

Those faithful Jews were special treasure and possession to Jesus. He will bring them safely into His millennial kingdom.  The God of the universe looks at you as His private treasure, as the object He highly values and protects next to His heart.

Now that makes me feel special.

LET IT GROW

Look at the last part of our key verse. Malachi said God would spare the righteous as a man spares his own son who serves him. Isn't that an amazing promise of God? Not because of what we have done, strayed or sinned, but because of the promises He made in His Word-that is why God spares us.

God's memory knows no limits and His book misses no records; His record book is true and His actions are unfalteringly just. 

LET IT GO

Jesus, we lift high Your great name!

Worthy is the Lamb of God of praise, glory, and worship.


No comments:

Post a Comment