Friday, January 27, 2023

Bright and Morning Star

O. T. #2365 "Bright and Morning Star"

Jan. 27, 2023

Malachi 4-Part 5 

LET IT GLOW

Yesterday, I went with my husband visiting his church members in the hospital. Folks, we have a lot to be thankful for today. A man had back surgery, and I can walk. Another cannot breathe without help of a machine, and I can breathe freely, another was in a wheelchair being pushed, and I am not sick today. We didn't make it to another hospital where a lady was having a port inserted so she could begin dialysis and my kidneys are functioning on their own. I went to the ophthalmologist and my eyes are maintaining with a disease and cataracts and I can see. the stars at night. And I will sing of the goodness of my God!

LET IT GROW

In 4:2, Malachi says there will rise one who is the Sun of Righteousness. The Hebrew word for Righteousness is tsdaqah (tsed-aw-kaw"), which means justice; virtue; right (eous). 

Before we wrap up the book of Malachi, I wanted to share what J. Vernon McGee had to say.

  • In the Old Testament Chirst is presented as the Sun of Righteousness. 
  • In the New Testament, Christ is presented to us as the Bright and Morning Star. (Rev. 22:16)
  • As David was King of Israel, so Jesus is King who will reign on this earth in a new way.
  • He will arise with healing in His wings (verse 2)
  • The Old Testament closes here in Malachi with God directing mana to look toward the heavens, and it is well that man looks up. 
  • Lest I come and smite the earth with a curse, (verse 6) and the curtain comes down before the human story is over.
  • Darkness closes in on man, but the play is not over. There are the good guys and the bad guys, and the good guys haven't won yet. There is a promise of a sunrise and a song.
  • Christ will come out of the east, like thunder to put down all unrighteousness. The end of man's sin is coming.
Isaiah 60:19 says, The sun shall be no more Thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an Everlasting Light, and thy God thy glory. 

Jesus is the Star out of Jacob. (Numbers 24:17) The Star points to a manger, and to a cross. It speaks of the fact that He came to bear my sins and yours upon the Cross.

LET IT GO 

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (1 Cor. 15:55)

These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

Job said that "the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy. (Job 38"7) A day is coming when the Day Star shall appear, and He shall take the church out. We ought to be like the wise men who were looking for the star. The eastern star led them to the Messiah-Jesus Christ.

You are Waymaker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness; my God, that is who You are.

Dear friend, do you know Him as your Savior?

No comments:

Post a Comment