Friday, June 11, 2021

Teach us to Number Our Days

O. T. #1961 "Teach us to Number Our Days"

June 11, 2021

Summary of Ezekiel-Part 7

Still looking at Psalm 89:

But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him: and in My name shall his horn be exalted. He shall cry unto Me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. (24, 26)

Nevertheless My lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer My faithfulness to fail. (verse 33)

Thou hast set our iniquities before Thee, our secret sins in the light of Thy countenance. (90:8)

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. (verse 12)

Our sins can be committed in public or in secret, but all are visible to Righteous God. However, His loving kindness and faithfulness is for us when we repent of our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) During our short stay on earth, we should pray for guidance to make godly choices. Once our time is spent, it is gone.

I realize this since yesterday was another birthday for me. How grateful I am to still be alive.

I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong: I will feed them with judgment. (Ez. 34:16)

We know we can turn to God for help. He is still in control and can transform any tragic situation into good for His kingdom. God gives strength to carry on and mends broken hearts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment